Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I tried out the new custom Amulet of Mighty Fists and gave one to a Spirit Naga. I made it +1 and added Spell Storing to it. Got the following error (and get it every time I load the portfolio).
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #101 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
While I was making the Spirit Naga above I also hit an issue with spells.

When I create a vanilla Spirit Naga, there's a Racial Spells tab that correctly has a mixture of sorcerer and cleric spells but, when I add a few levels of sorcerer to the naga, the Racial Spells tab disappears and is replaced with a Sorcerer tab. The only spells that can be selected via that tab are sorcerer spells.

According to the bestiary:

Spells: A spirit naga casts spells as a 7th-level sorcerer, and can cast spells from the cleric list as well as those normally available to a sorcerer. Cleric spells are considered arcane spells for a spirit naga.

I'm guessing that Paizo intended that extra sorcerer levels on a spirit naga should also benefit from getting access to clerical spells as well. Check out the stat block for Engeldis on p52 of Pathfinder #35 for an example.
I've put this on my to-do list. Thanks for the report.
Mathias is online now   #102 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 17th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The BAB from the Monk's class even when flurrying DOES stack with other classes. If it didn't it would be a MAJOR draw back for the class if they ever multiclassed. Plus this would be very strange as the default behavior of BAB is to stack from other classes and if it didn't their would have to be a special notation saying its an exception to the normal rules.

HERE is the link to Jason clarifying that a Monk 5/Fighter 5 that did Flurry would have a +10 BAB.
Thanks for that link - now I can point my GM to it as well!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Thanks for that link - now I can point my GM to it as well!
No problem. I also updated the Unofficial FAQ with the info as well yesterday. I guess I had that in my own notes, but never updated the site. Oh well its their now.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old August 18th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The BAB from the Monk's class even when flurrying DOES stack with other classes. If it didn't it would be a MAJOR draw back for the class if they ever multiclassed. Plus this would be very strange as the default behavior of BAB is to stack from other classes and if it didn't their would have to be a special notation saying its an exception to the normal rules.

HERE is the link to Jason clarifying that a Monk 5/Fighter 5 that did Flurry would have a +10 BAB.
Matthias, any chance of getting this changed given the clarification from Jason?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Viperian

Old August 19th, 2010, 09:35 AM
The following quirks and bugs pertain to the PDF version of a character sheet, when a character/portfolio is exported to PDF using the File > Save PDF of Active Hero option.

1. In the Gear section of the PDF, spells in a scroll are cut off instead of wrapping to multiple lines. I created a scroll with 5 spells on it, and the last few spells on the scroll are cut off and dont' show up on the PDF at all.

2. The Special Abilities section appears in two places on the character sheet (one on the first page and one on the second page, after the Gear and equipped weapons and armor sections), and each section displays different special abilities. Please consolidate all special abilities into one section.

3. Weapons appear in several different places (some on the first page, and some on the second page after the Gear section -- this is very annoying since you must look all over the character sheet to find your weapons). Please consolidate all weapons into one section.

4. Weapons show up in undesirable order, and unequipped weapons are often shown before equipped weapons. For example, on my dwarven ranger, unarmed strike shows up on the character sheet before his waraxe. It would be great if equipped weapons always showed first in the list. It would also be nice if unarmed strike was not shown at all unless the character is a monk or has the improved unarmed strike feat. If that's too complex to code, then perhaps have a checkbox next to unarmed strike that gives you the option to hide it when exporting the character to PDF.

All-in-all, I really like this tool and am glad I bought it. However, the changes suggested above are important, so please give them serious consideration.

Keep up the good work!!
Viperian is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpack View Post
Celestial Plate Armor is a +3 full plate with a dex bonus of +6, yada yada yada. Well, It only gives you the enhancement bonus of +3 and not the other +9 for being full plate.
Mathias is online now   #107 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrain View Post
When I give a Ghoul Fighter weapon training in natural weapons, his claw and bite bonuses do not seem to change.
Mathias is online now   #108 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryndehl View Post
Hate to keep harping on the familiar intelligence thing, but I think there is still a problem. I am attaching a character with this problem. It is an arcane bond sorcerer (level 7). Minimum intelligence is 9 but Hero Lab won't go below 12.

An addition to intelligence, it has a natural armor class that is too high. At 7th level, it should be adding +4, but it is adding +7 instead. A cat (which I used in the sample character, though actually I use a pseudodragon) does not have any normally. BTW, it would be useful if the adjustment tab could adjust natural armor.
This turns out to only be a problem for the sorcerer's arcane bloodline - it's accidently doubling the effective level for the scripts that calculate INT, AC and SR, so your example is getting the values that a 14th level sorcerer would get. That'll be fixed in the next update, and thanks for the report.

The older issue with familiar intelligence - that like all attributes, INT defaults to 10, and for an arcane familiar, you have to decrease it until the program won't let you go lower to get the correct intelligence - I haven't figured out how to solve that one yet, but I am still working on it. There's some wierd scripting required in order to get an attribute to have a minimum value other than the normal 3, which is what's required for a familiar, since the Pseudodragon familiar of a Sor7 should still have its INT 10, but a cat familiar of a Sor7 should have its INT of 2 increased to the minimum of 9. The real problem is that the INT value needs to be something that can be altered, but still have the minimum imposed by the character level. That turns out to be very annoying to code (and I can't re-write the entire attribute mechanism to handle it better without wrecking all existing saved characters). I apologize that I haven't been able to solve it yet.

Update: I've solved the familiar's default INT problem, that'll be in the next update.

Last edited by Mathias; August 20th, 2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Finshed an un-finished problem
Mathias is online now   #109 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 19th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaeyr View Post
I wasn't able to find this when I read back through the bug thread, and I even kind of vaguely remember commenting on this myself and couldn't find that either.

My wife's Barbarian has Swift foot as a rage power, but nowhere does it appear on her character sheet.

Anyone have any idea why this might be?
Checking the upgrade box for Swift Foot and Increase Damage Reduction was an error - while you're using HL as an electronic character sheet, they're automatically applied when you activate rage, so the user doesn't need a reminder on the special tab that they exist, but when printed, you do need that reminder. So, I've unchecked the "Upgrade" box, and it'll be visible on the character sheet in the next update.
Mathias is online now   #110 Reply With Quote