Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
General Hero Lab FAQ
I'm going to post some frequently asked questions about Hero Lab here. More will be added as they pop up.

• Where can I find answers to many common questions about Hero Lab?

You can find them on the main Hero Lab web site:

http://wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab

This includes a list of supported games, pricing information, features, and many screenshots.

• Can I see Hero Lab in action before I buy it?

Hero Lab has a free demo, which you can download from the Hero Lab web site, above. You can also find a video review of Hero Lab (created by a third party, not Lone Wolf Development) on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMScWuvw0Ic

• How do I find the help documentation for Hero Lab

The manual for your current game system can be found by going to the Help menu and choosing <game system name> Manual. You can find the full user manual by going to Help -> Help Topics -> View User Manual.

• How do I add my own feats / skills / races / other content to Hero Lab?

Hero Lab includes an editor tool with which you can add your own custom content to the program, and tutorials that walk you through creating your own content. You can access it by going to the Tools menu and choosing Launch Editor.

• I want to make a feat like <other feat> in the editor, how do I get started?

Click the New (Copy) button. A list of items will pop up - choosing an item will make a copy of it, including all attributes, fields and scripts. This way, you can start with an existing item that you know works, and modify a copy of it until you have the result you want.

Last edited by liz; August 5th, 2015 at 02:20 PM.
Colen is offline   #1
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 5th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Can't Activate Your License?
Are you trying to install Hero Lab, but can't activate your license? If so, here's how to get your problem solved and your license activated as quickly as possible.

Please read the following carefully. Do not post a thread about it - if you do, we will most likely reply with information from this thread and/or tell you to email support@wolflair.com. Following the instructions here will allow you to solve your problem faster, trust me.

1. Do you already have Hero Lab installed on another computer, that you want to keep using? For example, are you using Hero Lab on your desktop computer, but you also want to use it on your laptop?

If so, go to the License menu within Hero Lab and choose Obtain Secondary License. This will email you a second license number. Use this license on the second computer.

2. Are you already using your secondary license? For example, are you using Hero Lab on a desktop and a laptop, but you also want to use it on your netbook?

If so, you can purchase up to 2 additional secondary licenses at http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/, our license administration web site, to use Hero Lab on up to 2 extra computers.

3. If your problem is not covered above, you will need to email technical support.

Hero Lab allows you to reassign your license automatically every 120 days (approximately every 4 months). If you try to reassign it before then, you'll receive an error. For example - Adam installs Hero Lab on January 1st. In March, he gets a new computer to replace his old one and tries to install Hero Lab on it (with the same license number). Because it's been less than 120 days since he first installed Hero Lab, the license will not reassign automatically.

If this applies to you, send an email to support@wolflair.com asking to have your license "unlocked". IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that you include the following information:
  • The email address that your license is tied to
  • The license number that you are trying to reactivate
Send an email containing this information to support@wolflair.com. You should receive a confirmation reply within 10-15 minutes - if you do not receive this message, make sure emails for support@wolflair.com are not being sent into your "spam" folder.

If you include the right information, you should receive a response and have your license unlocked within 3 business days. If you omit any of the above details, we may have to ask you for further information - this will delay your license unlocking, so please include all of the above data to make sure we can process your request as fast as possible.

4. If you have a question that isn't covered by the above, email support@wolflair.com or post it here and we'll do our best to answer.

Hope this helps!
liz is offline   #2
Closed Thread