Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

flamepulse

Old December 18th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Seriously why are you having herolab online support only starfinder? how about systems people actually play.
flamepulse is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
khaoz

Old December 18th, 2017, 06:38 PM
It's been said a few times in the forum, that they are starting HLO with Starfinder, and they may eventually start moving other systems into the fold, AFTER they iron all the kinks out.
khaoz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old December 21st, 2017, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoz View Post
It's been said a few times in the forum, that they are starting HLO with Starfinder, and they may eventually start moving other systems into the fold, AFTER they iron all the kinks out.
Correct. Pathfinder is #2 on the list for HLO. Doing Starfinder first lets us get something released and stress-tested in the wild relatively quickly, without having to immediately deal with Pathfinder's huge number of individually small pieces of mechanical weirdness affecting the new UI.
Ian is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Steel_Wind

Old December 26th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Future Roadmap

These are planned features for the future that we’ll begin delivering once the core experience is solid. Most of the caveats for the "coming soon" list apply. These are generally larger features that will take more time to implement and thus are a longer view into the future. You may be familiar with many of these feature names from classic Hero Lab. However, they may change form or function, or be implemented in a completely new way when we deliver them for Hero Lab Online.
  • Monster/NPCs
  • Starships
  • Tactical Console
  • Encounter Builder
  • Encounter Library
While I am appreciative of your current efforts with HLO, until it includes these things noted above in your "Future Roadmap", the HLO software is of only passing interest and of meager utility to Starfinder GMs.

I use Herolab for Pathfinder to run my game. I can't use HLO to run Starfinder in the same manner. The functionality to support GMs is just not there.

Lone Wolf has reasonably raised expectations among your customer base based upon the current offerings for HL for Pathfinder and how we use it. Until you can match the current software with HLO for Starfinder, it's difficult for those efforts to be received in a positive light.
Steel_Wind is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 26th, 2017, 10:34 PM
GMs need a superset of what players need. Until HLO is largely complete for players, there's really no point in investing effort on the GM side of things, since HLO won't be useful to anyone without full player support. So the first step is getting everything in place for players. After that, we focus on the GM tools.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
jimthegray

Old January 4th, 2018, 09:02 AM
personally I am loving HLO
jimthegray is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
themantheycallcris

Old January 12th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
GMs need a superset of what players need. Until HLO is largely complete for players, there's really no point in investing effort on the GM side of things, since HLO won't be useful to anyone without full player support. So the first step is getting everything in place for players. After that, we focus on the GM tools.
Good to hear!

One question I have, though, is if you are going to wait until Starfinder GMs have all they need before you provide HLO to Pathfinder players. Seems to me if you can get a player version available to Pathfinder players then you can increase your income by a fair amount and fairly quickly. Then after that you can focus on the GM needs for Starfinder and/or Pathfinder. Of course that's all said without seeing the dev side of things, but just the same there's a massive amount of anticipation for players to get HLO for Pathfinder!

Our Pathfinder group is waiting for it to be available so we can start using it in our Giantslayer campaign (out of 1 GM and 5 players, only one player doesn't use HL). We're also hoping it won't be to long until RealmWorks has the Giantslayer campaign available in the content store, so I can pick up a GM copy for me and a player copy for all 5 of our players.

We're nearing the last 3rd of book 2, and would like to get all these cool techs going for us (HLO and RW) before we get too much further.

Any info on when either of these will be available would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your ridiculously amazing products Lone Wolf!

Christ is King!
themantheycallcris is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ian

Old January 12th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themantheycallcris View Post
One question I have, though, is if you are going to wait until Starfinder GMs have all they need before you provide HLO to Pathfinder players. Seems to me if you can get a player version available to Pathfinder players then you can increase your income by a fair amount and fairly quickly. Then after that you can focus on the GM needs for Starfinder and/or Pathfinder.
We don't have a specific timeframe for this yet, but it will be different peop le doing most of the work for Pathfinder and the GM features, so that kind of thing will generally happen in parallel. For most of PF (barring really weird stuff, like a Barroom Brawler -> Martial Focus -> Advanced Weapon Training -> Focused Weapon feat chain where you need to supply class features created by feats created by class features created by feats) we will be able to reuse what we've already made for Starfinder.

Last edited by Ian; January 12th, 2018 at 04:13 PM.
Ian is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 12th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Cough 5e Cough...

You know since that's what the majority of the market is playing.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
themantheycallcris

Old January 24th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
We don't have a specific timeframe for this yet, but it will be different peop le doing most of the work for Pathfinder and the GM features, so that kind of thing will generally happen in parallel. For most of PF (barring really weird stuff, like a Barroom Brawler -> Martial Focus -> Advanced Weapon Training -> Focused Weapon feat chain where you need to supply class features created by feats created by class features created by feats) we will be able to reuse what we've already made for Starfinder.
Thanks Ian!

Christ is King!
themantheycallcris is offline   #10 Reply With Quote