Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Here are the questions we've answered so far. https://www.wolflair.com/hero-lab-online-faq/.

Last edited by BJ; July 23rd, 2019 at 08:06 AM.
BJ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 29th, 2017, 11:40 PM
By renaming the desktop version to Classic, it sounds like it is being retired (or support reduced). If the name had been "Desktop Hero Lab" then that would make it sound more like you will continue to support it as much as previously.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old August 30th, 2017, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Here are the questions we've answered so far. http://www.wolflair.com/hero-lab-online-faq/.
Thanks BJ, that clears a lot of issues up.
talsharien is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
IconoclasticScream

Old August 30th, 2017, 05:35 AM
I, for one, am pretty excited about the online model. The FAQ definitely helped cement that.
IconoclasticScream is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 30th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Thanks! I don't believe I had any further questions after reading that.

And I'm stoked about the Restful API!

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old August 30th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Thank you BJ. There is nothing in HLO that I can use or want to use. Have to hope that Classic continues the great support that its history has shown us.
Tekwych is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 30th, 2017, 09:42 AM
In general, I'm pretty happy with RW right now. It has almost all the functionality I wanted when I bought it. Other people, however, have been waiting years for promised functionality like the content market and custom calendars. The understanding for these delays has always been that LWD is a small company with limited resources.

Now, without even a release date for the features that will make RW complete as promised, and with your same limited resources, you've started a major overhaul of your flagship product which you are planning to release as an incomplete product with promised features.

I think HL is a great product. I think RW is a great product. I want to see both of them succeed, and any reasonable chance I get, I spread the word about both products. I just brought you guys a new HL customer, and got him interested in RW. So I say make this next statement with love for both of your products.

You guys really need to find a good balance (a much better one than you have right now) between tightening up release schedules and managing customer expectations.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old August 30th, 2017, 09:51 AM
My question is how would Hero Lab Online help with group play. Can there be a sharing of portfolios between accounts similar to what is seen on Google Drive. This would allow players to share their portfolio with GMs, so he can run the games, and any changes to the players portfolios would propagate back to the players.
Quintain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old August 30th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Now, without even a release date for the features that will make RW complete as promised, and with your same limited resources, you've started a major overhaul of your flagship product which you are planning to release as an incomplete product with promised features.
While I agree with the sentiment of this I'm pretty sure LWD maintain two separate groups of developers so my understanding it's a different group of people working on HL than it is on RW.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old August 31st, 2017, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
While I agree with the sentiment of this I'm pretty sure LWD maintain two separate groups of developers so my understanding it's a different group of people working on HL than it is on RW.
Even if they don't, HL has a much larger existing and potential customer base than RW. It makes complete sense that they would emphasize getting HLO out first, especially with the opportunity to release right after the release of Star Finder.

There are many features I would like to see in RW (*cough* custom calendars *cough*), but they need to be a profitable company to do so.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote