Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 13th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
An argument that I've seen to get you just nowhere with OSR proponents.
You can be opposed all you want, but I don't care. I will eventually finish the data for 2e but it will be done on my time table. You can feel free to code it yourselves from scratch if you want though. I work on what I feel like working on, and I am not paid to do this, so I will stick to what interests me at any given time. I do this for fun in my free time, because I enjoy tinkering with the source code. I hit some walls with it and stopped working on the 2e files a long time ago. I will get back to it when I am ready to do so.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 13th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Ah, Raven, that was a comment about the "Vampire is Old School by now" line, not anything else. Man, I have absolutely no concern or really interest in how or when you finish a system that has no use to me.

Don't take this wrong, but I think you've gotten a little touchy about this.
Paragon is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 13th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I understand many people want me to finish data files. I am not in the best of health and don't like being rushed on things. Yes I am a little touchy and irritable. I cannot dedicate the long hours I used to for coding right now. Four hours a day is a blessing if I can manage that. I get a lot done in those short hours, but I don't like feeling pressured to do these things when my health isn't 100%. Two years ago I nearly died and a lot of things changed. I had to stop coding altogether for awhile.

I have been running Vampire the Masquerade since it first appeared and I still have my old first edition book for it. I do what I do for fun, if the source code gets finished, so be it. If not, oh well. I don't think you guys and gals realize how many hours I've put into these structure files over the last seven years of my life, or how much work I still have yet to finish. The 2e data is not anywhere near done. While many of the core mechanics and components are done, I still have to overhaul and simplify some things. It won't be finished anytime soon, I am not sorry to say.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old March 14th, 2018, 06:02 AM
RavenX, all that you do is so very much appreciated.
Rone is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 15th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Raven, I'm saying my statement had nothing to do with anything you are doing.

It was specifically a side comment on OSR people wanting to stake out "Old School" for older versions of D&D and nothing more. It was in response to your side comment about Vampire as a springboard, nothing more.

You seem to be reading things into my statement that are simply not there. It was not about you. At all.
Paragon is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 15th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Not really. I know people want their "Dead System" source code to play with, but it is a lot of work to do. And its nowhere near finished. I won't release unfinished code, ever. I don't have time to finish it and even if I did, I might not make it available to the community. Hasbro still sells old school pdfs on drivethrurpg, and this is not a licensed data file. I don't know if I can release it anyway. Hounding me about it isn't going to get it finished any faster.

And that's not a message specifically directed at paragon but to everyone. I see all the threads inquiring about this datafile. I get your messages in my inbox too. I will get it done when I get it done. Pressuring me will not get me to start working on it any sooner than I have planned to do so.

RavenX is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old March 20th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Sorry, the Necromancer position was cut when we discovered 90% of the applicants were just posers and/or Marilyn Manson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Marilyn Manson is a great bard though. Plus you missed golden opportunities to have his dad show up to work dressed like him just to embarrass him.
Got me some chuckles out of this!

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 20th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
Got me some chuckles out of this!
Glad you enjoyed. I have been a fan of Marilyn Manson's music for a long time. His version of Tainted Love won me over. I love watching his shenanigans, but his reaction to his dad dressing like him is one of the best moments ever. He gets so embarrassed over it.

RavenX is offline   #38 Reply With Quote