Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Yes I am aware, been working on my campaigns HL file for almost a year now, and that pales to what you have achieved.

But it is an option amd if they team up, it may be doable.
That depends on how its handled. I let others input data as long as everything has been tested rigorously and the editor has what it needs to support it. I did all the actual construction of components myself though. It was just easier on me that way. Sometimes I have to input data myself for the sake of ensuring everything needed in the editor is present first.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Call of Cthulhu uses Chaosium's Basic system, and that system is available for purchase for Hero Lab. Once you purchase it, you can copy the system and adjust it as you like to make it more aligned to the generic system.
EightBitz is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 20th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Call of Cthulhu uses Chaosium's Basic system, and that system is available for purchase for Hero Lab. Once you purchase it, you can copy the system and adjust it as you like to make it more aligned to the generic system.
I'm sorry to say that the difference between the Call of Cthulhu system and the BRP is too large - that change cannot be handled purely in the editor, and to create the BRP in HL, you'd need to start from the Skeleton files like any other new game.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
karykzen

Old April 14th, 2015, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmortis View Post
Your best bet is community oriented, many of these games will have small player bases, whcih means the work involved will not likely show a profit. As well most or all are no longer supported. LWD is a business and they need to invest where it makes business sense.

However they have provided us with a editor and an authoring kit, so get your players together as a team and go to it! Share it with others, look at the Pathfinder community files to see what can be achieved, truely great things.
FASA is releasing Earthdawn 4th Edition. The Players book is out currently, the DMG is next. Not a programer but would be nice to get community support.

Also while still in player test release, ICE is creating Rolemaster Unified. This would be another one I would love to see developed once it is released.
karykzen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old April 15th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
AD&D I couldn't see realistically unless Lone Wolf had some awesome negotiating power with WoTC.
1st Edition could be done using OSRIC as the base, no need for WoTC licensing that way.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
1st Edition could be done using OSRIC as the base, no need for WoTC licensing that way.
Alternity was released as a free product for Hero Lab as it is a "dead" system. AD&D 1e and 2e may have gotten a re-release of hardbacks but WotC isn't releasing any new content so it is possible they may also see those as "dead" systems. My 2e files are coming along nicely now. I believe they should be done soon.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
weaverjk

Old January 8th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Any updates on a AD&D 2E dataset?
weaverjk is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
jim_hm

Old March 4th, 2018, 12:56 PM
The community and player base for the many rulesets based on pre-3rd edition D&D keeps growing and still no support for any of them?
jim_hm is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old March 4th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I think Lone Wolf has its paws full and will for quite some time. What the Old School proponents need is a fan development community.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 4th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Alternity was released as a free product for Hero Lab as it is a "dead" system. AD&D 1e and 2e may have gotten a re-release of hardbacks but WotC isn't releasing any new content so it is possible they may also see those as "dead" systems. My 2e files are coming along nicely now. I believe they should be done soon.
I was cursing your name the other day. I was rolling up a 2e character for the first time in I don't know how many years, and I had to do it by HAND with a PENCIL and a RULE BOOK.

Situations like that are TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! So get move on!

:-p
EightBitz is offline   #20 Reply With Quote