Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

kbs666

Old September 11th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiqsilver View Post
I have the same issue. It's not difficult to implement the Drive API. I've done it in Android. I don't see why they can't get it working in HeroLab.
It should never be the consuming programs duty to implement an API to use cloud storage. That would require writing new code for every one that comes out.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kwiqsilver

Old September 11th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
It should never be the consuming programs duty to implement an API to use cloud storage. That would require writing new code for every one that comes out.
If they want to claim they support it, then they need to write the code to actually support it.
kwiqsilver is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 12th, 2017, 03:02 AM
*If* they claim to support it sure but I found one passing mention of Google Drive anywhere on the HL website and it wasn't in anything about HL accessing .por files from it.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Vynx

Old September 14th, 2017, 01:17 PM
I have the same issue with Google Drive. I understand the change but they add it to the app update, they must have tested it? No response from someone at wolflair?
Vynx is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
AmbientPlatypus

Old February 17th, 2018, 05:22 PM
It's now 2/17/2018 and I can't import any of my .por files from Google Drive on my iPad. LoneWolf, please fix this issue!
AmbientPlatypus is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
AmbientPlatypus

Old February 17th, 2018, 05:25 PM
I am also having this issue. It's now 2/17/2018 and it's not working to open .por files on an iPad using Google Drive. Greyed out. C'mon LoneWolf! Fix this...
AmbientPlatypus is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2018, 10:04 PM
I have no idea why you're having this issue but I've pointed it out to the dev who handles these things and hopefully he will have an answer for us tomorrow.
BJ is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,

On the iPad, we support Apple's standard "document provider" API, which allows Hero Lab to retrieve files from various cloud services. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for some users who are using google drive - for other users (including me, and everyone at the company who I've asked to test it) it works fine.

This is a known bug which we're hoping to look into soon - as far as I can tell it's a bug with Apple's APIs (not our software), but I'm hoping to be able to work around it somehow. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!
Colen is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old March 8th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenjack View Post
Hi,

When I try and import my portfolio via google drive using the "Import Portfolio" button, I can see my *.por files in my google drive folder but everything is grayed out. Am I missing something? I can see the files there but nothing is selectable.

Help
Are you using a computer or an IPad? And importantly, what version of your operating system on either? I was using an IPad 3 which is limited to IOS 9.3.5 and I was able to export to Google Drive but not import. Dropbox and ICloud work fine.

Last edited by LazarX; March 8th, 2018 at 08:04 PM.
LazarX is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
AmbientPlatypus

Old July 22nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
@Colen - On my Mac, importing from Google Drive into HeroLab works without issue. It’s only on my iPad where this fails. Have the staff test with iPads.
AmbientPlatypus is offline   #20 Reply With Quote