Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Sirkul

Old January 18th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Has anyone successfully used Google Drive with HeroLab, on an iPad Pro?

Whenever I try to link a profile; I navigate to the directory, within HeroLab's "Import Portfolio" button and selecting Google Drive, but the portfolio files are all unselectable (greyed out).
Sirkul is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
BULLheaded

Old January 21st, 2018, 01:18 PM
I am unable to get the import function to work. When I click on it, instead of being given the cloud service options it just says browse. When I click on that I go to a place showing locations where I can choose dropbox but it is more like I am in the dropbox app itself and when I choose the file it just sits there endlessly showing "waiting to download"
It works perfectly on my older iPad but this is all that happens on my new iPad. I have rebooted the ipad, I've tried deleting and reinstalling both the dropbox and the hero lab app with no change, I've checked settings and can't find anything that makes a difference.
Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
BULLheaded is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old January 27th, 2018, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirkul View Post
Has anyone successfully used Google Drive with HeroLab, on an iPad Pro?

Whenever I try to link a profile; I navigate to the directory, within HeroLab's "Import Portfolio" button and selecting Google Drive, but the portfolio files are all unselectable (greyed out).
I am having the exact same issue.

The Hero Lab app is fully updated. Pathfinder, the system I am using, is fully updated inside Hero Lab. My license has been successfully activated. The Google Drive app is fully updated and logged in and authenticated. The device has been power cycled after all of the above. I can browse to the relevant folder and see the HL portfolios I sent up to Google Drive from my desktop, but cannot select them.

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.
Zaknaefin is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
tlavalle

Old January 27th, 2018, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaknaefin View Post
I am having the exact same issue.

The Hero Lab app is fully updated. Pathfinder, the system I am using, is fully updated inside Hero Lab. My license has been successfully activated. The Google Drive app is fully updated and logged in and authenticated. The device has been power cycled after all of the above. I can browse to the relevant folder and see the HL portfolios I sent up to Google Drive from my desktop, but cannot select them.
Here is what I did. I went into the google drive app and held the icon to tell it to open in hero lab if you change anything you have to export back out.
tlavalle is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Zaknaefin

Old January 28th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
Here is what I did. I went into the google drive app and held the icon to tell it to open in hero lab if you change anything you have to export back out.
Thanks Tlavalle! That worked for me.

Currently playing: Starfinder Fallout, Star Wars Saga Edition, Savage Worlds Slipstream.
Zaknaefin is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old March 6th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Anyone else have any recommendations for a cross-platform cloud service that they know works with Hero Lab?

Does dropbox still work?

Dropbox works, just not the way it used to as far as IPads go. You can import from dropbox and export to it. Or any other cloud service that you have set up on your tablet or computer. On a computer you just use it as you always have.
LazarX is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old August 22nd, 2018, 06:23 AM
So, at this point, are there any cloud syncing services that work seamlessly with herolab on iPad?
Ambush is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
So, at this point, are there any cloud syncing services that work seamlessly with herolab on iPad?
No, all of them require the manual import/export.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old August 24th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Thanks
Ambush is offline   #19 Reply With Quote