Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashran View Post
Does this include the kickstarter stretch goals or will they come at a later date ?
I really look forward to seeing some of the stuff promised, as I have waited using this tool too intensively without seeing some exemple of how some modules are made
To supplement what BJ said above, the Kickstarter material will start rolling out to backers AFTER the FREE stuff goes out and BEFORE the Content Market itself goes live. The plan is for backers to receive material before that material goes on sale to anyone.
rob is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old January 14th, 2017, 11:43 AM
So I see that import export for 5e is delayed until some other changes are implemented. Any word on what those changes are? Backend stuff or something I'd notice?

AD
Lkj is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
mazzy

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkj View Post
So I see that import export for 5e is delayed until some other changes are implemented. Any word on what those changes are? Backend stuff or something I'd notice?

AD
Here I was, excited to finally split up my main campaign into different adventures, mechanics, etc, when lo and behold I hit the Manage Exports button only to receive a lovely message essentially saying "Hang on there lil missy, you ain't gonna be exporting tonight..." The gaming gods are surely cruel to tease me this way
mazzy is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:31 PM
It seems to me that the Market roll-out will continue more-or-less as follows:
1) bug fixes
2) add 5e import/export
3) bug fixes
4) add free stuff
5) bug fixes
6) add KS stuff
7) add market stuff
8) calendars (just kidding, well not really, it'll be after the market, eventually)

Report RealmWorks bugs here
Report Pathfinder HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab bugs here
Report 5e HeroLab Community Pack bugs here
AEIOU is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 14th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Better than...

1) add 5e import/export
2) add free stuff
3) add KS stuff
4) calendars (just kidding, well not really, it'll be after the market, eventually)
5) Its broken

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 14th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Totally agree. I'm hoping the bug fixes this weekend and the deserved catch up on sleep allow for 5e import/export by next weekend. *fingers crossed*
AEIOU is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 08:48 PM
FYI, there is a new bug fix release available NOW. We've fixed the vast majority of issues that users reported today. So go grab it!
rob is offline   #107 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkj View Post

AD
Here's the text from the release notes on the subject. I'm not sure how to say it better, so please let me know what aspects of this aren't clear and I'll do my best to fill in the missing pieces.

NOTE! We have a major overhaul of the D&D 5th Edition game system structure mapped out, but deploying it on the eve of a weekend would require us to force everyone to login and upgrade to access the server. We’ve deemed that too potentially disruptive for users, so we are holding off on that change. The ramifications of this decision are that we cannot enable the export/import mechanisms for D&D 5th Edition realms until after the new changes are deployed for everyone. Consequently, export and import of D&D 5th Edition realms is temporarily disabled.
rob is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
Totally agree. I'm hoping the bug fixes this weekend and the deserved catch up on sleep allow for 5e import/export by next weekend. *fingers crossed*
Maybe. We don't want to force everyone to login and upgrade right before the weekend if we can help it, and the 5E changes will necessitate it. That's why we held off on the 5E structure changes in the Friday release. If we don't get the 5E stuff out by mid-week, which is very iffy at this point, then we'll probably hold off and do it at the start of the following week (23rd or 24th).

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old January 14th, 2017, 09:14 PM
I finally picked up Realm Works today after months and months of agonizing whether I'd be able to use it. Hooray!

So is the cute little MacGuffin-filled content I imported new as of the past few days? Or had it been there awhile? It was great help in figuring out how to initially navigate the menus.
Billy277 is offline   #110 Reply With Quote