Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Philderbeast

Old August 31st, 2019, 10:04 PM
it seems like its been complete radio silence since the Content market came out.

can we expect any more updates? and if so what time frame are we looking at?
Philderbeast is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old August 31st, 2019, 10:54 PM
RW project is currently parked.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2019, 10:52 AM
We're working as hard and as fast as we can to get features in place and revealed. It's impossible to say when these tasks will be complete. Thanks for your continued patience.
Lj Stephens is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old September 1st, 2019, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lj Stephens View Post
We're working as hard and as fast as we can to get features in place and revealed. It's impossible to say when these tasks will be complete. Thanks for your continued patience.
That's at direct variance with what BJ has stated. Could we possibly get a single answer, is RW development currently under way or not?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2019, 07:40 PM
Sure, I understand your frustration. Different Devs are working on different projects at any given time. They move back and forth, help each other figure things out, it's impossible to tell what is on each day's docket. Yes, RW is being worked on. Yes, HLC and HLO are being worked on. It's all an ongoing process. I'm sorry we can't give you a more solid answer at this time. Please continue to watch for announcements here and on social media. We'll tell you about new developments just as soon as we are able. Thank you.
Lj Stephens is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old September 1st, 2019, 11:04 PM
Schrödinger's Realm Work - it is being worked on and not being worked on.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:47 AM
*thumbs up* things will work out in the end.
The tool is mostly usable and great!

Just let the cat out of the box someday and introduce paid dlc/major updates My guess is that this model would work better for you. You get a steady influx of money for delivered major features, sounds great for me.

And about the promises broken regarding kickstarter - (if anything is left i am not sure): the stuff didn't make it due to development constraints and various bumps during the project. Look at the delayed CM launch for example. So it's clear, that some other features had to be de-priotized.

Therefore look forward, think about what would work best with Realm Works and hopefully we will see a few major release cycles. Just guessing here but Iam almost certain that most GM-RW-buyers would pay for major updates.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Just guessing here but I am almost certain that most GM-RW-buyers would pay for major updates.
Before I respond, I need to make clear that I'm very happy with RW, and am content (mostly) to wait patiently for the completion of features promised in the Kickstarter and for additional content in the CM. Every once in a while I flare up, but overall "I'm good."

Now, I may be in the minority, but I would not be happy if I were asked to pay for updates.

First, I'm a LONG time LoneWolf customer and paying for product updates is not the expectation that's been set by them. I shell out $$ for additional content to HLC for the game systems I use, and I expect I'll do so for HLO as well once that product has the functionality I need. But throughout our relationship, LWD has not charged for product updates, and for them to start doing so would put me off completely.

Second, I payed handsomely for the "lifetime top-tier" server access, which it's looking more and more like will prove to be of small value. There looks to be only one tier, and the charge for it is small enough that by the time my return on that "investment" gets me to break even I'll be years in the grave. So in my mind, I've already paid - and paid, and paid - for any major upgrades far into the future.

Finally, while I'm happy with RW and mostly patient about waiting for those things mentioned above, I've waited a long time for the functionality that was promised in the KS. I'm still waiting for some of it, years and years later, while LWD moves on to new products at the expense of completing products they've already sold. I expected that - it's been their production model going back years - and I bought RW anyway. But I'm not so complacent about it that I'm ready to shell out again for updates.

This may be wrong-headed, and others may have a very different opinion, but it's where I'm at personally.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old September 5th, 2019, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post

Now, I may be in the minority, but I would not be happy if I were asked to pay for updates.

First, I'm a LONG time LoneWolf customer and paying for product updates is not the expectation that's been set by them. I shell out $$ for additional content to HLC for the game systems I use, and I expect I'll do so for HLO as well once that product has the functionality I need. But throughout our relationship, LWD has not charged for product updates, and for them to start doing so would put me off completely.
It seems possible that LWD has a less-than-optimum business model in place with this strategy. I would completely understand a RW 2.0 upgrade that has to be paid for. It should however be a MAJOR upgrade, not just some bug fixes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
So in my mind, I've already paid - and paid, and paid - for any major upgrades far into the future.
I don't think so. You simply don't know what a major upgrade could look like. There are so many possible improvements that would require a costly partial re-development that it could really make sense to have to pay for them. The business model for that, however, absolutely depends on the number of possible customers.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old September 5th, 2019, 07:56 AM
In all propability you are right, EightBitz.

Sad but true. If there was an easy way to salvage my homebrew worlds and take them to a competetive product, I might have already done it.

But, on the other hand, I have not abandoned all hope yet, that RW will become a supported product once again, even though this utter silence speaks volumes.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote