Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Geewaagh

Old February 14th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

New to program. I started a realm, added content, invited player, started session, hit reveal on several topics, picked them in player view as well.
Player logs in and cannot see any content.

What am I missing?
Geewaagh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old February 14th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Not sure it could be a few things. First did you reveal both the snippet and the topic? In RW you can pre-reveal snippets that are not revealed until the topic is revealed, with the larger green button at the top left of the topic.

Second RW dose not auto sync. For players to get the info in Player edition you must sync to the server and then they must sync from the server.

Third player view and player edition are two different things. Player view is used by the DM to send information to a second screen for viewing by the players during the game. Player edition allows the players to view all previous information in or out of the game but not any changes that occur after the last sync.

Hope I found the one you were missing.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Geewaagh

Old February 14th, 2015, 09:53 AM
jkthomsen9

Thanks for the reply.

First did you reveal both the snippet and the topic? - yes

Second RW dose not auto sync. For players to get the info in Player edition you must sync to the server and then they must sync from the server. - reveal is not realtime? Can you syn in realm or do you have to exit to realm list and hit syn button every time you reveal something?

Player view -yes, I get that.

Ideas?
Geewaagh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old February 14th, 2015, 10:03 AM
The second point seems to be where it's falling down for you: right now, live reveal is not a feature, so yes, you have to step out of your realm, sync, and then the player has to sync to see the changes.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Geewaagh

Old February 14th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
The second point seems to be where it's falling down for you: right now, live reveal is not a feature, so yes, you have to step out of your realm, sync, and then the player has to sync to see the changes.
Seems REALLY painful. So, RW is really not ready for session play with players in real time yet?

Back to the core issue, if we exit, sync, coming back in, player still sees nothing. Something I am suppose to do from GM side that I am missing? We still have a server issue going on from this morning?

thanks
Geewaagh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Geewaagh

Old February 14th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Do you think cloud service is not working?
Geewaagh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 14th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewaagh View Post
Seems REALLY painful. So, RW is really not ready for session play with players in real time yet?
RW is designed for real time session play through the player view. Player edition is initially targeted for between session use or for use during play with the last information synced up before the session. We may add real time syncing in the future, but it is not something that can be done at the present time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewaagh View Post
Back to the core issue, if we exit, sync, coming back in, player still sees nothing. Something I am suppose to do from GM side that I am missing? We still have a server issue going on from this morning?
There is no server issue at this time. So you exited the realm, synced the realm. Did your players also exit the realm and sync AFTER you had completed syncing?
davidp is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Geewaagh

Old February 14th, 2015, 01:05 PM
syn is now working for that player. I removed the player and they were re-invited. Thanks for the support and clarifying the online capabilities.
Geewaagh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote