Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Bob G

Old December 20th, 2017, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
It's in the Helper Tags on the Bootstrap trkGrit: GrtUseCHA
That helped, thanks! I got it to work by adding the bootstrap tag Helper.GritUseINT when I bootstrapped trkGrit from the Amateur Gunslinger feat. This is now working as intended.
Bob G is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 20th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Knocked off 12 out of 18 bugs, almost done!

Number 3 involves a class special that, when activated, grants DR 2/-.

First, I bootstrapped xDamRed to the ability, made a bootstrap field abSumm with an 'assign' value of "DR " & DamRed & " /-". I also added the bootstrap tags HasAbility.xDamRd, Ability.xDamRd, ActiveList.xDamRd, DescInfo.xDamRd, Activated.xDamRd, SpecType.DR and thingid.xDamRd.

My eval script was next:
(Post Attributes, 10000)
Code:
~ if we're not activated, just get out now
      doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)

var DamRed as number
      DamRed = round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) -1

~Grant damage reduction 
      #applydr[xDamRd,DamRed]

~Change description to reflect scaling
      field[CustDesc].text = "Gain DR " & DamRed & " /-"
      field[abSumm].text = "Gain DR " & DamRed & " /-"
      field[alistName].text = "Gain DR " & DamRed & " /-"
There doesn't seem to be any problem with the code, but I want "DR" plus the value to appear on the specials tab. What I've done so far hasn't worked.
Bob G is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 20th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Well, I am a little unclear on the issue. Are you saying:

A) I want this special which can be activated to show up on the specials tab always, but it isn't showing.

or

B) I activated this special, and I expected to see Damage Reduction to appear on the specials tab, but it didn't show.

If A), what sort of ability is this, class special or custom special ability? Check that they don't have the Helper.SpecUp tag and that they have Helper.ShowSpec (if a class special).

If B), add a debug to make sure that your script is getting past the activation stop and check the value of your variable is calculated as higher than 1.
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old December 20th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Maybe add field[livename].text = "Gain DR " & DamRed & " /-"

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 20th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind View Post
Maybe add field[livename].text = "Gain DR " & DamRed & " /-"
Yes, this was what was needed. I need to remember the field 'livename', I get the feeling it gets used a lot.

Thanks for the help!
Bob G is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 20th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Wait, do you have damage resistance showing up as a separate ability on the special tab, along with this change in the name of this ability?

All DeltaMasterMind's suggestion is doing is changing the display of this ability - it has nothing to do with really adding damage reduction.
Mathias is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 20th, 2017, 08:46 PM
Bug #4 involves an ability that grants Fast Healing, but only if the hero's current hit points are lower than 50% of his total hit points.

I believe that the 'tagis[Helper.SpcDisable]' should be applied if the test condition is false, so at least I have something figured out. What I can't seem to find are where current hit points are located. I think I found total hit points in container.child[Totals].field[tHP].value, but I'm not sure if that's the right field or not.

Where do I find the fields for current and total hit points so I can write my test condition?
Bob G is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 22nd, 2017, 01:52 PM
Hopefully this is a simple one. I want a class ability to change the action economy of a previous class ability from a standard action to a swift action.

I can see that the ability to be modified has a tag of abAction.Standard. I'm guessing I want to disable this tag and add a new tag of abAction.Swift. I'm just not sure how to do it. I looked through the tutorials, but couldn't locate anything.

Thanks!
Bob G is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 22nd, 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Hopefully this is a simple one. I want a class ability to change the action economy of a previous class ability from a standard action to a swift action.
I'm sure there are feats or another class's ability which will do this.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old December 22nd, 2017, 03:17 PM
I found the "tagreplace" command, but I'm still getting the syntax wrong. The pick is cBLoMedic1, and I want to replace the tag "abAction.Standard" with "abAction.Swift"

Code:
hero.child[cBLoMedic1].tagreplace[abAction.Standard,abAction.Swift]
This produces an error parsing the script. I get the feeling I'm not pointing to the right 'child', but can't for the life of me figure out what it is.
Bob G is offline   #20 Reply With Quote