Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sarelth

Old August 24th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I started working on a Data file of things I found on a particular blog that I follow. d20despot is the Blog for anyone that is interested and I highly recommend the place.

So far I have the Polearm feats and Ranger Combat Style input, plus a couple monsters, like the Giant Mantis Shrimp (2 variants), A Variant on the Draugr undead race based more so off viking myths plus a few other things.

It also include a variety of Polearms to use with the Polearm feats. Some minor changes to some existing weapons also appear in the files.

here is the first draft of the files, if anyone notices anything glaringly wrong with them let me know please.

On a side note, I seem to be unable to made .hl file with hlexporter. Could it have something to do with Windows 10 or do I need to run Herolab as Admin or something?
Attached Files
File Type: zip D20Despot.zip (23.2 KB, 4 views)
Sarelth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 26th, 2015, 02:59 PM
What exactly is the Hazards section for? I saw poison attacks in there, how do they come into play? If I added a new type of Viper Poison say, would I have to add it to Hazards or just as an ability for vipers?
Sarelth is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 26th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Hazards are things like poisions, curses, diseases, insanities, things like that. They have a bunch of sophisticated behaviours and specialized tags associated with them which are not necessary for more general racial abilities. These can be important for certain 3rd party data sets. If you made a new "Viper Poison" you could create it as either a hazard or a racial special, and bootstrap it to the race either way.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 26th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
What exactly is the Hazards section for? I saw poison attacks in there, how do they come into play? If I added a new type of Viper Poison say, would I have to add it to Hazards or just as an ability for vipers?
Hazards are used for Poison and Diseases. Or other things. I like is I made a generic Poison and just bootstrap it with all the right tags so that I can use a single Hazard over and over and over again.

But you could make a new poison hazard for each creature/type of poison but I think its a waste.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 26th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Okay, that is what I was thinking it was. Looked less specific than a racial ability. I have 5 or so new venom/poison types that are for various types of snakes. Trying to figure out if I need to make each type of snake as a creature, they are just the normal snakes with new poisons, or just infer that the snakes have the poison and list it as a item for simplicity.
Sarelth is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 31st, 2015, 03:33 PM
Here are the poisons I am working with. Just waiting on my license to update to add them to my file.

Quote:
Venom Redux

Viper Venom (vipers, rattlesnakes, adders, pit vipers)
Type poison (injury); Save Fort DC varies by creature
Frequency 1/hour
Effect 1d2 Strength damage and 1 bleed;
Effect (If Save Fails by 5 or More) 1d3 Strength damage, 1d2 bleed;
Special those reduced to 0 Strength by this poison must continue making saves or die
Cure 1 save

Advanced Rattlesnake Venom
Frequency 1/hour
Initial Effect 1d2 Strength and Dexterity damage, 1d2 bleed;
Effect (If Save Fails by 5 or More) 1d3 Strength and Dexterity damage, 1d4 bleed;
Special those reduced to 0 Strength or Dexterity by this poison must continue making saves or die
Cure 2 consecutive saves

Cobra Venom
Frequency 1/minute
Initial Effect 1d2 Dexterity damage, sickened;
Effect (If Save Fails by 5 or More) 1d3 Dexterity damage, nauseated;
Special those reduced to 0 Dexterity by this poison must continue making saves or die
Cure 1 save

Advanced Cobra Venom (king cobras, black mambas)
Frequency 1/minute
Initial Effect 1d2 Dexterity and Con damage, sickened;
Effect (If Save Fails by 5 or More) 1d3 Dexterity and Con damage, nauseated;
Special those reduced to 0 Dexterity by this poison must continue making saves or die
Cure 2 consecutive saves

Coral Snake Venom
Frequency 1/minute
Initial Effect 1d2 Dexterity damage;
Effect (If Save Fails by 5 or More) 1d3 Dexterity damage, paralyzed;
Cure 1 save

Water Snake Venom
Frequency 1/minute
Initial Effect 1d2 Strength damage;
Effect (If Save Fails by 5 or More) 1d3 Strength damage, paralyzed;
Special those reduced to 0 Strength by this poison must continue making saves or die
Cure 1 save
They are all taken from the D20 Despot Blog. While they are listed as OGL, I did ask for permission to make a HL file with the material on the blog.
Sarelth is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old September 5th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Had a issue with skill points on a 1 Int Animal.
I think it was easiest to give it a few extra points in Stealth and Swim to use up the spare that I found.

How Would I add This Subtype, I mean the bonuses as I made the Subtype already.
Or are the abilities even needed to be added?

Last edited by Sarelth; September 5th, 2015 at 07:18 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote