Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 27th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Version 1.3 of the Dragonlance data files has been uploaded for release. The release notes that follow detail what has been finished with this update. Enjoy!

Release Notes

V.1.3 Dragonlance Data
Dragonlance Campaign Setting

Pantheon
The following deities will be available with V.1.3 of the Dragonlance data files.
  • Branchala
  • Chemosh
  • Chislev
  • Gilean
  • Habbakuk
  • Hiddukel
  • Kiri-Jolith
  • Lunitari
  • Majere
  • Mishakal
  • Morgion
  • Nuitari
  • Reorx
  • Sargonnas
  • Shinare
  • Sirrion
  • Solinari
  • Zeboim
  • Zivilyn

Races
The following races are in the data files and I have made sure their bonuses were converted back from the quick and dirty method I used four years ago to get them added. Now that I have a better knowledge of what I am doing in the Editor, I understand that the racial specials need to be added as specials so that they can be changed via Alternate Racial Traits that DMs/Players might add to the data. I will update this list as I get more races fixed in preparation for the v.1.0 Launch. Major changes will be noted in parenthesis after the race name.
  • Elf Subtype updated to include elvensight ability (low-light vision and darkvision 30')
  • Dwarf Subtype updated to remove darkvision ability (not every race of dwarf in Krynn gets darkvision.)
  • Dwarf, Mountain (Added missing Clans as R Cust Specials)
  • Dwarf, Hill (Added missing Clans as R Cust Specials)
  • Dwarf, Dark (Added missing Clans as R Cust Specials, Dark Dwarves now have the [Weakness] racial adjustments of +2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha)
  • Dwarf, Gully (Gully Dwarves now have the [Greater Weakness] + Advanced Dexterity racial adjustments of +2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Int, -4 Cha, added new dwarf subtype to remove darkvision to match campaign setting.)
  • Elf, Kagonesti (Please note: Elven Magic racial special has been removed, it was not present in 3.5 and sylvan elves would not dabble in magic enough to benefit from this special ability. To maintain consistency with the Advanced Player's Guide, Kagonesti now have [specialized] racial adjustments of +2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Int.)
  • Elf, Qualinesti
  • Elf, Silvanesti (Silvanesti elves now have the [Greater Paragon] + Advanced Dexterity racial adjustments of +2 Dex, -2 Con, +4 Int, -2 Cha)
  • Elf, Dargonesti
  • Elf, Dimernesti
  • Half-Elf (Updated to Pathfinder version of half-elf from 3.5 version)
  • Gnome
  • Mad Gnome
  • Kender (Afflicted Alterate Racial Trait added to allow creation of an afflicted kender)
  • Centaur (NOTE: This race is being treated as an Uncommon Race, as will all the monstrous races that are playable. I am doing what I can to maintain consistency in the conversion for these races.)
  • Draconian, Baaz
  • Draconian, Kapak

Ogre Races/Minotaurs: At this point in time I can say I will not be releasing the Ogre Races or Minotaurs in the 1.0 release. They will be included in a future update to the data. I am confident that enough of the base races are done that I can release what I have. I apologize if this causes any inconvenience but I do not have time to work on additional races at this time.

Regarding Racial Conversion I am not using the racial statistics as printed in the setting, but am taking time to match them up as appropriately as possible via the Advanced Race Guide. This means there will be some changes, but I am trying to keep things within fair margins for consistency with Pathfinder's rules.

Languages The languages listed below are in the data files for release.
  • Abanasinian
  • Camptalk
  • Dargoi
  • Dargonesti
  • Dimernesti
  • Ergot
  • Ergothian
  • Gullytalk
  • Hammertalk
  • Kalinese
  • Kenderspeak
  • Kharolian
  • Khur
  • Kolshet
  • Nerakese
  • Nestari
  • Nordmaarian
  • Ogre
  • Saifhum
  • Solamnic

Release Plans Ogre races and minotaurs will be available in a future update to this data.

If you are interested in helping with coding these files, PM me and we can discuss details on it.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; September 22nd, 2014 at 10:39 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
KazMx

Old August 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM
The file seems to be corrupted
KazMx is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 28th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazMx View Post
The file seems to be corrupted
Update: I've looked into this multiple times now. I have no idea how to fix the issue. I've made multiple attempts doing what I know how to do and nothing seems to work on it.

I'm still working on this...

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; September 4th, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 6th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Update: At this point, I believe it has something to do with dropbox rather than the hero lab exporter. Still working on figuring it out though.

RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 17th, 2014, 09:37 PM
If you try the "Go to file" open and tell it to open with hero lab it seems to work. Yet the normal download doesn't. I'm still working on this but if you do the step listed above you should be able to get the data.

Colen and I are still trying to figure out why the link isn't working.

RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
karrel

Send a message via MSN to karrel

Old September 18th, 2014, 04:39 AM
tried your dragonlance and it gave me errors:
whats up with that am i missing something?

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rDLHalfElf' - Bootstrap thing 'fcSumHaElF' does not exist
Thing 'rDLHalfElf' - Bootstrap thing 'fcHumRogFR' does not exist
Source 'FRMonComp' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pFRCSSupp'
karrel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 18th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karrel View Post

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rDLHalfElf' - Bootstrap thing 'fcSumHaElF' does not exist
Thing 'rDLHalfElf' - Bootstrap thing 'fcHumRogFR' does not exist
Source 'FRMonComp' - Reference to non-existent parent source 'pFRCSSupp'
Those would be bugs that I need to address. Thank you for letting me know. I'll get this fixed as soon as I can. It seems some of these errors are from Forgotten Realms files for some reason. I'll work on this and get back to you.

[Update] I got the DL issues sorted out and will get the data reuploaded sometime tonight.

As for the Source for FR I'm not entirely sure on that one, I'll need to spend a moment digging on it.

Last edited by RavenX; September 19th, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 19th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Just released v.1.2 of the Dragonlance files with the bug fixes Karrel mentioned.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 22nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
I've done a lot of bug fixes on this data already, and it is finally somewhat fixed. I still don't know what the download link issue is. I am still trying to figure out that problem, but the go to file option, with open in hero lab on the download link seems to work fine for now. I'll let everyone know when the other issue is remedied.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 2nd, 2014, 03:52 AM
I've pulled the Dragonlance data down for the day. Going to try and resolve the download link issue later today. I'm going to scrap everything on it and just start over with the dragonlance data and see if I can get the update posted properly.

That having been said, I've just released the Dungeons & Dragons conversion V1.0 datafile today.

This new datafile contains the first iteration of the dragonborn race, as built through the Advanced Race Guide for Pathfinder. I will add more to these files when I get time to convert things. In the meantime, enjoy the new race.

The reason I did a separate datafile for this project, rather than just include them in Forgotten Realms is so that people can use the dragonborn in whatever setting they'd like to. You're not restricted to using the race for just Forgotten Realms games.

Last edited by RavenX; November 2nd, 2014 at 03:59 AM.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote