Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Grimlock

Old July 16th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Is there a data pack for D20 monster manual? I've been searching for one but I am unable to find much content on this.
Grimlock is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old July 16th, 2014, 11:06 AM
The d20 is all SRD stuff, and to the best of my knowledge what is in the core d20 datafiles is pretty close to what we're going to be getting for the foreseeable future. Now, the Community set... that's another matter, I actually haven't looked into that yet, largely due to having a handful of very specific sources that I use in my own files, and am wanting to ensure there's no compatibililty issues (like inadvertently using the same unique_id's or something due to the shear scope of the projects coupled with coincidence).
DthShdw is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 16th, 2014, 11:19 AM
I no longer recall what's in the core package, but all of the monsters from Monster Manual 1 are in the community set. These are not stock NPC's, but you can easily create your own from what's included here.

DthShadw,

How much stuff do you have? If you wanted the community set, I could work with you on determining whether there would be any compatibility issues.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old July 16th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I've got virtually nothing significant, to be honest. A skeleton of trying to get some lesser utilized books started, but my own ability for scripting/coding is negligible at best (which makes my Orpheus project positively laughable, but hey... I never said I was wise). It's not a big issue right now largely because I (and my gaming crew) have so little time to do *any* gaming anyway. :/
DthShdw is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 17th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DthShdw View Post
I've got virtually nothing significant, to be honest. A skeleton of trying to get some lesser utilized books started, but my own ability for scripting/coding is negligible at best (which makes my Orpheus project positively laughable, but hey... I never said I was wise). It's not a big issue right now largely because I (and my gaming crew) have so little time to do *any* gaming anyway. :/
That's fair. Although, I will suggest that one thing that helps a *LOT* in doing your own coding is seeing how other things have been done. The community set can help you with that. Even if you aren't gaming right now, it might give you some inspiration.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old July 17th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I've been toying around with the idea. The problem is I have an hour long drive to work, hour back, wife, two toddlers, and rarely shorter than a 9 hour day *at* work which leaves very little time for anything. So the vast majority of my projects don't get much further than the planning stages. A little further, but not a lot.
DthShdw is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 17th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DthShdw View Post
Yeah, I've been toying around with the idea. The problem is I have an hour long drive to work, hour back, wife, two toddlers, and rarely shorter than a 9 hour day *at* work which leaves very little time for anything. So the vast majority of my projects don't get much further than the planning stages. A little further, but not a lot.
I hear you. I also have a little one at home, and a less than ideal commute.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old July 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM
btw: Grimlock, sorry for hijacking your post!
DthShdw is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 17th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I hear you. I also have a little one at home, and a less than ideal commute.
Damn you real life!!

I don't have the little one, unless you count pets, but pretty similar boat other wise. I just saw some commercial for PCH 5,000 dollars for life. I could so use that.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 17th, 2014, 01:18 PM
90 minute commute both ways (and thats on a GOOD day often its worse), average day at work 10 hours, no "little ones". Remind me again why we got into these fields?
mirtos is offline   #10 Reply With Quote