Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
BlkTom
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2

Old June 1st, 2018, 08:01 AM
Made a Paladin/Ranger character, and took the Devoted Tracker Feat. Wild Empathy did not add up properly, where it should have been +29 (14 lvls Ranger/5 lvls Paladin, +8 Charisma mod and +2 from Handle Animal at 5 ranks) and was a +24. The feat is also supposed to combine Animal Companion and Special Mount (if you take 5 levels of Paladin), and neither the Special Mount or the Animal Companion were able to be improved beyond the base 5 Paladin or 14 Ranger, much less somehow combined. I have a suggestion of making it's own tab

I also had Multi-class issues in character creation while leveling when Devoted Tracker is suppose to eliminate that with Ranger and Paladin. I was forced to take all 5 levels of Paladin in a row instead of breaking it up as I wanted.

The Smite worked correctly at +8 to hit and +19 damage, so was the only part of the feat working properly.

I also took the Feat Extra Smite, but instead of giving the character 3 Smites a day, it only had 2 Smites a day listed. For some strange reason Extra Smite seems to have a category selection (that gave me no options) in the Feats category, when it just gives a flat bonus to any Smite ability of +2 a day, specially when you can take it multiple times and it stacks.

It seems that the Stone of Good Luck does not work properly with giving it's +1 Luck Bonus to Saves, Skills, and Ability checks.
BlkTom is offline   #771 Reply With Quote
Hengist
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9

Old June 4th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Practiced Spellcaster feat- It increases your CL as it should, according to the notes on the side of the Wizard tab, but it doesn't seem to allow for actually putting those CLs to use by allowing for the new spell levels by increased CL, which is the whole point of the feat. Any ideas?
Hengist is offline   #772 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,559

Old June 4th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkTom View Post
Two Weapon Rend does not work properly with Ranger. It is telling me I need a Dex 15, even though in the very description of the feat it says that all a Ranger needs is a base BAB of +11, be in the TWF track, and wear light or no armor
Thanks for the report. Fixed for the next release.
Sendric is offline   #773 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,559

Old June 4th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkTom View Post
Made a Paladin/Ranger character, and took the Devoted Tracker Feat. Wild Empathy did not add up properly, where it should have been +29 (14 lvls Ranger/5 lvls Paladin, +8 Charisma mod and +2 from Handle Animal at 5 ranks) and was a +24.
Fixed for next release.

Quote:
The feat is also supposed to combine Animal Companion and Special Mount (if you take 5 levels of Paladin), and neither the Special Mount or the Animal Companion were able to be improved beyond the base 5 Paladin or 14 Ranger, much less somehow combined. I have a suggestion of making it's own tab.
Yea, I think we'd have to do this through the Other tab. It will require some work. I'll look into it.

Quote:
I also had Multi-class issues in character creation while leveling when Devoted Tracker is suppose to eliminate that with Ranger and Paladin. I was forced to take all 5 levels of Paladin in a row instead of breaking it up as I wanted.
I am unable to reproduce this, and looking at the feat, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Can you provide any additional detail?

Quote:
The Smite worked correctly at +8 to hit and +19 damage, so was the only part of the feat working properly.

I also took the Feat Extra Smite, but instead of giving the character 3 Smites a day, it only had 2 Smites a day listed. For some strange reason Extra Smite seems to have a category selection (that gave me no options) in the Feats category, when it just gives a flat bonus to any Smite ability of +2 a day, specially when you can take it multiple times and it stacks.
Temporary fix: Open "Custom - Book Mods" and navigate to the General - > Specials tab. Find xSmiteEvi2 and add the tag "User.Smite" by clicking on the Tags button in the upper right. This will allow the feat to choose the smite ability and add to your smite total. I will need to look more into this to find a better total solution.

Quote:
It seems that the Stone of Good Luck does not work properly with giving it's +1 Luck Bonus to Saves, Skills, and Ability checks.
This is actually a core bug. I can provide a temporary fix in the next release that will work until core is updated.

Last edited by Sendric; June 4th, 2018 at 03:20 PM.
Sendric is offline   #774 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,559

Old June 4th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hengist View Post
Practiced Spellcaster feat- It increases your CL as it should, according to the notes on the side of the Wizard tab, but it doesn't seem to allow for actually putting those CLs to use by allowing for the new spell levels by increased CL, which is the whole point of the feat. Any ideas?
I'm not sure I understand. This feat increases your caster level, but it doesn't provide additional spells. This increase only effects your ability to penetrate SR and increases spell duration.
Sendric is offline   #775 Reply With Quote
Illyahr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 194

Old June 8th, 2018, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'm not sure I understand. This feat increases your caster level, but it doesn't provide additional spells. This increase only effects your ability to penetrate SR and increases spell duration.
It works fine, they just misunderstood to feat. It doesn't add to spells per day or spells known, just helps beat SR and increases level-based range/damage/duration.
Illyahr is offline   #776 Reply With Quote
Pirogoeth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7

Old July 14th, 2018, 05:44 AM
I believe this is the correct place and I apologize if it is not, I have found the the Totemist Chakra Bind (+1 capacity) does not function correctly on the Manticore Belt but seems to work fine on any other soulmeld bound to your totem chakra. For the Manticore Belt the +1 capacity appears correctly in the In-Play tab but when applied does not give a bonus to jump and spot nor does it give an extra spike. Thank you and I hope you have a great day.
Pirogoeth is offline   #777 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,559

Old July 14th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth View Post
I believe this is the correct place and I apologize if it is not, I have found the the Totemist Chakra Bind (+1 capacity) does not function correctly on the Manticore Belt but seems to work fine on any other soulmeld bound to your totem chakra. For the Manticore Belt the +1 capacity appears correctly in the In-Play tab but when applied does not give a bonus to jump and spot nor does it give an extra spike. Thank you and I hope you have a great day.
Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

Update: This is working correctly. Once Manticore Belt is selected, the bonuses to Jump and Spot are applied. The bonuses increase when you add Essentia to the Belt (which can be done on the In-Play tab). The spikes will also appear once you've added essentia. This is because the description indicates you can fire your spikes a number of times equal to the amount of essentia applied to the belt, which implies that if you have no essentia, you can't use that weapon.

I am seeing another bug pop up when applying essentia to the belt which I will try to track down.

Last edited by Sendric; July 16th, 2018 at 03:53 AM.
Sendric is offline   #778 Reply With Quote
Pirogoeth
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 7

Old July 16th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

Update: This is working correctly. Once Manticore Belt is selected, the bonuses to Jump and Spot are applied. The bonuses increase when you add Essentia to the Belt (which can be done on the In-Play tab). The spikes will also appear once you've added essentia. This is because the description indicates you can fire your spikes a number of times equal to the amount of essentia applied to the belt, which implies that if you have no essentia, you can't use that weapon.

I am seeing another bug pop up when applying essentia to the belt which I will try to track down.
Huh, for me the Totem Chakra bind just does nothing with the Manticore belt, (ergo you should be able to invest two total essentia sans feats, one into the belt normally and one granted from it being bound to your totem chakra, giving you a total of two spikes and +4 spot and jump at level 2) The essentia invests correctly for the belt itself just not for the Totem Chakra, yet works correctly on every other bind I've tested. Weird

Edit: To clarify as an example if I am personally being unclear (sorry if i am..) If I had Bloodtalons bound to totem and no essentia invested I would have a +0 to hit and no bleed. I invest 1 point via the standard method it would become +1 to hit and 1 bleed, and if I invested in the totem chakra it would become +2 to hit and 2 bleed. For Manticore Belt, when bound and no essentia you are correct there would be no spikes, and if I invested as standard it would become +2 to jump and spot as well as 1 spike. Totem chakra does not give me anything however it should grant me a total of 2 spikes and +4 to jump and spot when invested. So there is a total of 2 essentia invested yet hero lab says only 1 spike and only +2 to jump and spot.

Last edited by Pirogoeth; July 16th, 2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Clarify
Pirogoeth is offline   #779 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,559

Old July 17th, 2018, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth View Post
Edit: To clarify as an example if I am personally being unclear (sorry if i am..) If I had Bloodtalons bound to totem and no essentia invested I would have a +0 to hit and no bleed. I invest 1 point via the standard method it would become +1 to hit and 1 bleed, and if I invested in the totem chakra it would become +2 to hit and 2 bleed. For Manticore Belt, when bound and no essentia you are correct there would be no spikes, and if I invested as standard it would become +2 to jump and spot as well as 1 spike. Totem chakra does not give me anything however it should grant me a total of 2 spikes and +4 to jump and spot when invested. So there is a total of 2 essentia invested yet hero lab says only 1 spike and only +2 to jump and spot.
AHA! Thanks for the clarification. I apparently wasn't fully understanding the issue. This is a timing problem, which I have fixed for the next release. If you want, you can also fix this yourself with a simple 2-step process.

1) Open the file 3.5 - Magic of Incarnum in the editor. Navigate to the Class -> Custom Ability tab. Scroll down to Manticore Belt, and press the Eval Scripts button on the right. Look for the script labeled "Set up Value4 = total essentia" and change the timing from 450 to 598. Save and close the Eval Scripts window.

2) Click on the Bootstraps button which is to the right of the Eval Scripts. On the bootstrap for "wSpikes" select the Condition button. Change the timing to 599.

Save the file and recompile (or reload d20). Unfortunately, the other error message still pops up when you apply essentia. Not sure why yet.

Update: I fixed the other bug as well. To do this, you'll need to open "Custom - New Natural Weapons" in a text editor. Look for the entry for "wSpikes" and remove the following line of code:
<tag group="wCategory" tag="RangeThrow"/>

Save and recompile (or reload).

Last edited by Sendric; July 17th, 2018 at 04:13 AM.
Sendric is offline   #780 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.