Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old December 11th, 2012, 12:50 PM
You may be right and I'll play around with it a bit more, but probably not until later this week (in case anyone else comes back to this thread and is interested.) I need to finish the darned creatures in the HoER file I'm working on now so I expect that to take a few more days first.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 12th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Ok, just started back on this today and it does look like you're right about the Working XML file. Apparently it's using an XML output sheet from a character to populate the previews with data. So now I'm trying to figure out how to use the tool to make some kind of sheet from it, but I seem to be working some of it out now, at least. I even figured out how to import the statblock.xsl file, but it seems like it may just be easier to try to work it all out from scratch (maybe.) I'll update folks on what I come up.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old December 13th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Duplicate post.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; December 13th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
zarlor is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Street

Old May 29th, 2013, 07:52 AM
I am interested to see what you were able to come up with.
Street is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Best I could come up with: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qog55qn94o...eet_savage.zip

It ain't pretty but mostly gets the job done. If you know anyone whose good with XSLT it could sure use a facelift.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Street

Old May 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I like the tables. I may see what I can do with the formatting. I have put together an output designed for use with pre-gens. Feedback would be appreciated.

It can be found at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-49...it?usp=sharing
Street is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 31st, 2013, 05:27 AM
Can't wait to check it out, but unfortunately I'll have to. Hopefully I can find some time today, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM
@Zarlor, was there any changes you were thinking about for which you would like help in the xslt area? As I mentioned in the other thread, xslt is a decent part of the work I have done in the past. Now, I don't know specifics of xslfo for the PDF layout stuff, but I can easily turn xml to most html formats without issue and am offering my assistance if there is anything you might want to update to your sheets(thanks for the work you did, the updated sheets are... incredible)
jfrazierjr is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 13th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Considering this was back in 2013 I've long since forgotten any of the details of what all I was looking at with this by now. I partially achieved getting a character sheet with the full descriptions to print from that other thread I pointed out (and the link to the data file to add those if they are of use for other folks is there as well.)

The zip file linked above was my attempt to create that kind of sheet with some more flexibility and maybe better looking and such, but it was really pretty crappy when all is said and done. I can say some of the guys in my group would probably like to have a flexible HTML sheet for characters just so they have an adjustable version on their tablets. Outside of that was just seeing if I could figure out a way to maybe shunt the data out to a form fillable pdf file just so folks could have "pretty" sheets, since Pinnacle is pretty good about making them available for all of their settings.

I will say that I did grab a couple of sheets that folks had done over on the Pathfinder side just to see what could be done and they did some pretty fancy stuff which I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do. But if it's something you've got expertise in and otherwise thought of some ideas and useful ways to format things I'm sure the folks here would be pretty interested in seeing some of that. I know I would, anyway. I just can't think of just what those nifty things might be cool too see right now, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old May 14th, 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Considering this was back in 2013 I've long since forgotten any of the details of what all I was looking at with this by now. I partially achieved getting a character sheet with the full descriptions to print from that other thread I pointed out (and the link to the data file to add those if they are of use for other folks is there as well.)

The zip file linked above was my attempt to create that kind of sheet with some more flexibility and maybe better looking and such, but it was really pretty crappy when all is said and done. I can say some of the guys in my group would probably like to have a flexible HTML sheet for characters just so they have an adjustable version on their tablets. Outside of that was just seeing if I could figure out a way to maybe shunt the data out to a form fillable pdf file just so folks could have "pretty" sheets, since Pinnacle is pretty good about making them available for all of their settings.

I will say that I did grab a couple of sheets that folks had done over on the Pathfinder side just to see what could be done and they did some pretty fancy stuff which I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do. But if it's something you've got expertise in and otherwise thought of some ideas and useful ways to format things I'm sure the folks here would be pretty interested in seeing some of that. I know I would, anyway. I just can't think of just what those nifty things might be cool too see right now, though.
I finally got Ancient One's sheet downloaded. I also spent some time reading a bit about how he designed it. I have no doubt I could implement a fairly dynamic html character sheet(but likely no where near as dynamic as his, such as no movable panels by the user for example). My question/issue really would revolve around what would people want?

So, for example, would one want a series of "radio buttons" for wounds so that this could be quickly tracked? I guess my thought here would be as a simple replacement for the HL IPad app(which does not support Android and does not support Savage Worlds!). I know the one time I played PathFinder, I created my character in HL, exported to dropbox and then imported into the IPad HL viewer. But, I don't have that IPad anymore and besides as mentioned, SW is not supported anyway. Would you want "check boxes" for various in game mechanics such as Wild Attack, Frenzy, etc to actually modify the Sheet and show the effects? If I were to start down this road, it would be a longish project, but honestly, I would need to know what people might want.
jfrazierjr is offline   #20 Reply With Quote