Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
There's a prereq on the component for languages that processes the language allowed tags that are added to the hero by the race.

RavenX, I cannot help you without details. I do not remember how the 18/XX ssytem worked back in 2ed, so until I have details on how that functions, I can't help you figure out the correct way to code that.
Mathias is online now   #31 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
On the Strength table, there are additional rows of values for things like Bend Bars/Lift Gates, Melee Hit Probability modifier, etc. that correspond to the 01-100 value the player generates on a d% roll if they roll an 18 for Strength. I know how to send the Strength Score through the .arrayvalue[] to look up the appropriate index, but I'm not sure how to account for the additional 18 values.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Attached is a copy of said table.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (109.6 KB, 21 views)

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I also need details about how this is added to a character, and how it can change during play.

How do you know if you'll get the /XX? Can the original score be improved by leveling up? Are there magic items or spells that can alter the value?
Mathias is online now   #34 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 20th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Only warrior classes (fighter, paladin, or ranger, and gladiator) roll on the Exceptional Strength range, anything short of a limited wish spell won't increase an ability score in this edition, and it's at the discretion of the DM. Magic items, only one I know of the increases strength score is the Girdle of Giant strength, which you roll a d% on and get a new Strength Score between 19 and 25.

RavenX is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mathias,

I'm working on the language prereq. Do I need a Match item in the component?

This is what I've got so far, and it's working like I wanted it to for the languages added on the background portal. But now how to get it to validate for languages added via the Personal tab?

Code:
    <prereq message="Your background does not allow you to learn this language as a starting language.">

<match><![CDATA[
        LangAllow.?
        ]]></match>

<validate><![CDATA[
         ~if we have the right LangAllow tag, we're valid
         validif (altthing.intersect[Language,LangAllow] <> 0)
        ]]></validate>
      </prereq>

Last edited by RavenX; September 20th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
RavenX is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Do I need a special tag for languages added via the personal tab to skip the prerequisite validation?

RavenX is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old September 20th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Only warrior classes (fighter, paladin, or ranger, and gladiator) roll on the Exceptional Strength range, anything short of a limited wish spell won't increase an ability score in this edition, and it's at the discretion of the DM. Magic items, only one I know of the increases strength score is the Girdle of Giant strength, which you roll a d% on and get a new Strength Score between 19 and 25.
Gauntlets of Ogre Power confer an 18/00 strength.

Within the Skills & Powers rules there are ways to increase a warriors 18/xx to the next 10% up with character points if I remember correctly.

Ability damage also brings down by increment on the table.

I'd think the best way (if possible) would be for the strength stat to actually be treated as a single number, but displaying them in the 18/xx format. As in

18 = 18
19 = 18/01-50
20 = 18/51-75
etc....

Is that possible? It'd simplify it. Actually, now that I think about it, that doesn't work, because non-warriors can still get strength scores of 19 and up.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 20th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
Gauntlets of Ogre Power confer an 18/00 strength.

Within the Skills & Powers rules there are ways to increase a warriors 18/xx to the next 10% up with character points if I remember correctly.

Ability damage also brings down by increment on the table.

I'd think the best way (if possible) would be for the strength stat to actually be treated as a single number, but displaying them in the 18/xx format. As in

18 = 18
19 = 18/01-50
20 = 18/51-75
etc....

Is that possible? It'd simplify it. Actually, now that I think about it, that doesn't work, because non-warriors can still get strength scores of 19 and up.
Chris,

Non-Warriors go from 18 to 19 usually which I never agreed with. The 2nd edition could have been organized a bit better than it was as well. I'll check on the guantlets later. I'm trying to finish up the language mechanics and get some of these table mechanics in place. This is going to take a while to get implemented.

Edit: I'd also like to say this: Right now I want to get the basic system implemented from the core rulebooks. Skills & Powers were Optional rulesets that could be used, but were not required. That is why the title said "Player's Option" in them. I will keep the character point mechanic in the datafiles and alter it to work correctly later on. But for now, I'm planning on sticking with rolled ability score implementation. Once the PHB and DMG are implemented we can worry about the optional elements. One thing at a time is my approach to coding, this is not as simple as it looks to build. The only reason I have a few things done right now quickly is my experiences from coding up Deathwatch.

Your idea could work, but we'd need to get it displayed correctly too. I may have to pop a second incrementer in to handle the 01-100 part. That will still have to display correctly for the 18. The incrementers are set to integer values. Your idea could work for the table indices though. I just need to get things working correctly.

Last edited by RavenX; September 20th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
RavenX is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old September 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Here is the Race Tab in the editor for 2e so far. It supports the elements of each race, such as ability score modifiers, racial minimums and maximums, and the age, height and weight randomization mechanics. I haven't added these into the personal tab just yet, but the tags and fields are there for hero lab to access when I do get to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Editor Progress Sep 23 2013.JPG (181.1 KB, 13 views)

RavenX is offline   #40 Reply With Quote