Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aescleal

Old November 19th, 2010, 11:25 AM
For me HL is about on par with CB classic at the mo - both have some real irritations that make them useless in certain situations. So far I've found Hero Lab significantly better when the characters aren't multiclassed and CB classic better when they are [1].

Hero Lab scores in two other ways as well:
- It's more up to date in terms of available feats and powers
- It's way more customisable (as in you can customise just about anything), which is the big seller for me. I wish I'd looked for it rather than supporting CB classic all these years.

Cheers,

Ash

[1] Which means I'm having to use CB classic for a game I'm playing in - my character is a Bard/Resourceful Magician. However I use HL for the game I'm GMing in which all the characters are single classed with only minor irritations.

Last edited by Aescleal; November 19th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Aescleal is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamesarepoop View Post
In your experience would you say you feel that HL is more comparable to CB Classic than to the new one in regards to accuracy?
...Though I guess if you're an HL customer, you simply switched a while back and you've probably felt no reason to use the CB in a while.
I'm a recent convert to HL from CBC.

When WotC decided to go with online only, I had to look for something that will work offline to support the convention I run. Prior to Wizard's stupidity, I'd install CBC on 3 non-internet enabled desktops and let people make and manage their characters for D&D LFR games.

They'd ask me how to get it, and I'd tell them to buy DDi subscriptions. The next year they'd show up with laptops with their own installs of CBC on them. With CBW being the new WotC stupidity, I don't have much choice, I need an offline tool. HL is at least as good as CBC
cryptoknight is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Armor of Resistance should ask you to identify what damage type you have resistance to.

Right now it doesn't
cryptoknight is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Aescleal

Old November 19th, 2010, 01:06 PM
New Bug: Flaming Sphere (Wizard Daily Level 1) hasn't got the effect text in either the character builder or on the character sheet.

Cheers,

Ash
Aescleal is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 19th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Multiclass feats with OR requirements are not doing OR.

For instance my Hybrid Swordmage/Wizard has a 14 Wisdom, I should be able to select Brawling Warrior. I can't because it says I don't have the stats.
cryptoknight is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Intelligent Blademaster should modify melee basic attacks but doesn't

Just like Melee training, except that Intelligent Blademaster doesn't do 1/2 Int damage like Melee Training does.

My to-hit with melee basic attacks on my hybrid is +9 vs AC it should be the same as my booming blade power +15 vs AC

To hit = 1/2 Level (4) + Weapon profi bonus (longsword +3) + Enahcnement bonus (+2) + Int mod (+6) = +15 HL shows +9 which is because it's using my str.
cryptoknight is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Sinner666

Old November 19th, 2010, 06:43 PM
1.) There is no way to have a magical superior implement. I can have a magic implement & a superior implement in my gear section but I can not "make" a superior magic implement. Due to this all of my powers are incorrect for damage and range, range is not a big deal since even the CB never changed that, but I do hate having to constantly add the modifier for my superior implement.

2.) All of my paragon path powers and features show up regardless of what level I am. Since there is no way to hide power cards like in the character builder I am stuck attempting to remember they do not apply

Other than that seems to work perfectly.
Sinner666 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old November 26th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Bugs:

1) 13th level Warden Encounter Power "Stormhowler's Strike" from the "Primal Power" sourcebook doesn't seem to show up for some reason (although the rest of the PP powers seem to... this is after having done ddi update, of course.)

2) Level 14 characters seem to show that they should have 3 Encounter Powers and it's set up to Add that power, but the 3rd power in the set goes red and there is a Validation Error that there are one too many encounter powers chosen. The error disappears, however, once the character is leveled to 15.

Feature Requests:
1) Modifying the weight of a custom item in inventory.

2) Throwing weapons listed under Ranged Weapons as well as their Melee spot (or just recognize those items can be both things and appropriately list all of the stats... that, and as a previous poster mentioned, being able to put Ranged magic effects on this without a validation error.)

3) Rituals printed out as Power Cards or at least an option to add them in a list with their rules on the character sheet printout.

4) The ability to add Damage (instead of just "to hit") bonuses on the "Permanent Adjustments" modifiers.

Lenny Zimmerman
Metairie, LA

Last edited by zarlor; November 26th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
zarlor is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight

Old November 27th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Several magic items

Strikebacks, Feytouched Armor for example

When printed as a power card have a URL embedded in them instead of the text that shows up in HL.
cryptoknight is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Sinner666

Old November 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Can not recall if this was posted or not but multi-class'ing seems to not work correctly.

For example I took the feat Bardic Dilletant and should be able to take the Bard of all Trades feat but it comes up with a validation error. I double checked the rules and so far as I can tell this is legal.

Not sure if this happening with any other multi-class feats or not.
Sinner666 is offline   #40 Reply With Quote