Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Halaster Blackcloak

Old December 13th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Hi all!

Just downloaded the software for Realms Works and one major thing is confusing me. I'm wondering how to save content. I cannot seem to find the way to do this (it's a lot to digest in the beginning!). Also, my main concern is I want to make sure I can save content to my PC, not just on the cloud. How is that done? Thanks!
Halaster Blackcloak is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 16th, 2019, 08:25 PM
The data has a save folder on your hard drive.
You can also do backups of your realm.

In addition to that, RW would like you to sync to the cloud.
If you use multiple computers such as prepare on the desktop, but take the laptop to game sessions then the sync is really useful.

If you were to always use RW on the same computer, you're saving to (and reading from) the save on your system.
The cloud is then a backup.
Ualaa is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 16th, 2019, 11:36 PM
Every time you finishing editing a topic it is automatically saved to the database stored on your local hard drive.

Also, every time you create a new topic/article it is immediately saved to the database.

There is a cancel edit button available near the topic title if you decide that you want to cancel the editing that you're currently doing.

There is the option to "sync" your local database to the cloud, but this is optional (but a good idea as it acts as a safe backup).

Once you have synced with the cloud, if you make a major screw-up of your realm, then you can discard your local version and download the realm again from the cloud. It will the version of the realm that you last synced to the realm. (This is done for only one realm at a time, all other realms will remain on your hard disk.)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Halaster Blackcloak

Old December 17th, 2019, 10:11 AM
So I don't need to do a manual save to the hard drive? It saves automatically each time I change something? Yeah, the cloud backup is a nice idea. Thanks all! Also, is there a really comprehensive tutorial video? It's a huge learning curve because I don't have a lot of free time to use the program, so I'd love to learn it all first so it makes creation and using it easier.
Halaster Blackcloak is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old December 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaster Blackcloak View Post
So I don't need to do a manual save to the hard drive? It saves automatically each time I change something? Yeah, the cloud backup is a nice idea. Thanks all! Also, is there a really comprehensive tutorial video? It's a huge learning curve because I don't have a lot of free time to use the program, so I'd love to learn it all first so it makes creation and using it easier.
Go out to You Tube and search for Realm Works. There are a few from Lone Wolf Development, but look for Josh Plunkett. He is the MAN when it comes to how to use Realm Works. And as a bonus you get to listen to his fabulous Aussie accent!

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Halaster Blackcloak

Old December 17th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks so much!
Halaster Blackcloak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 17th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaster Blackcloak View Post
So I don't need to do a manual save to the hard drive? It saves automatically each time I change something?
Yes.
Yes.
:-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #7 Reply With Quote