Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Parody

Old April 14th, 2014, 12:34 AM
The lack of horizontal space utility doesn't bother me because I rarely maximize windows in this era of widescreen monitors.* The biggest Realm Works is likely to get is half the available space on one screen, using the Windows 7 trick of dragging a window to the left or right edge of the available space. Normally it's just floating, though.

However, I agree that being able to open multiple windows would be a nice feature. It's an easier way to refer to other items in your database, much like all the tab suggestions I made earlier.

* I have two 2048x1152 monitors. They're on arms so I can move them around, but their typical layout is one above the other in landscape. Unusual, but great for putting a video on the top monitor while you work on something on the bottom.

Parody is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice3173 View Post
I had a feeling that was the case but I've had it reset switching between them a couple times now. A lot of things tend to reset when you switch between tabs or especially when you click outside the program and back in. It's kinda annoying to be honest.
This issue should be greatly reduced (hopefully eliminated) in the upcoming release. It's definitely a bug.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Alice3173

Old April 14th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
The lack of horizontal space utility doesn't bother me because I rarely maximize windows in this era of widescreen monitors.* The biggest Realm Works is likely to get is half the available space on one screen, using the Windows 7 trick of dragging a window to the left or right edge of the available space. Normally it's just floating, though.

However, I agree that being able to open multiple windows would be a nice feature. It's an easier way to refer to other items in your database, much like all the tab suggestions I made earlier.

* I have two 2048x1152 monitors. They're on arms so I can move them around, but their typical layout is one above the other in landscape. Unusual, but great for putting a video on the top monitor while you work on something on the bottom.
I actually use three monitors myself (ranging from 1366x768 to 2560x1440) and normally reserve my primary monitor for the main application and my other monitors for things like PDFs, other reference information, calculator, and other unrelated programs I always have opened. Only thing it tends to share the monitor with is Photoshop or, occasionally, World Machine and/or 3ds for doing some map work. (I'm not the best artist but I can use those latter two to make icons to use on maps.)
Alice3173 is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 21st, 2014, 12:37 PM
More and more people are having setups with multiple monitors. its a standard now in most decent graphics cards, and decent monitors have become cheaper and cheaper.

I would like to see the ability to drag tabs out of the main window into another monitor (not just the player view) as it would improve workflow. Obviously, I realize this is a "down the road" request, but I think multi monitor is something that would make the product even more user friendly.
mirtos is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 27th, 2014, 06:08 PM
+1 on having floating windows.

MyInfo, the program I'm (still) migrating all my data from into RW has this ability and it's been invaluable.

The floating windows are static data windows only. You can't edit or alter data in any shape or form. They're just there to sit and display data so you can refer to data from several different windows at once.

In the interest of full disclosure, I design and game on a set up with 3 large widescreen monitors. I play with the VTT program Fantasy Grounds 2
weogarth is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 27th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Perhaps another great option, while the discussion is trending towards multiple monitors, would be having DM mode on one monitor, and player mode on the other.
Fuzzy is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old April 28th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Perhaps another great option, while the discussion is trending towards multiple monitors, would be having DM mode on one monitor, and player mode on the other.
That's how things currently are. Or at least it's possible to do it now... as is - you're not forced to use a second monitor (in case you don't have one).
lifer4700 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 28th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer4700 View Post
That's how things currently are. Or at least it's possible to do it now... as is - you're not forced to use a second monitor (in case you don't have one).
Ahh, okay, i haven't convinced my group to try it out yet, and didn't see that in the feature list or any of the write-ups.
Fuzzy is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old April 28th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Ahh, okay, i haven't convinced my group to try it out yet, and didn't see that in the feature list or any of the write-ups.
Player View is just another window and, as such, it can be moved to any monitor.

My campaign is currently on hiatus but coming off soon. We play via VTT and our plan is to use a free remote screen sharing program to display the Player View to my players.
weogarth is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Coldashes

Old April 29th, 2014, 04:57 PM
And when will that be? I'm experiencing similar issues between my macbook pro and my 45 inch TV.
Coldashes is offline   #20 Reply With Quote