Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AEIOU

Old November 21st, 2015, 07:06 AM
This is not a high priority item.

I had requested eons ago but am really finding the color blobs for every image next to useless for determining what the image is without reading the description.

Just doubling the thumbnail size would be helpful. That's not huge but may not be desirable to everyone and it would increase the image size larger than the two lines it currently occupies which may be a technical issue.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to make some images even larger so I can essentially embed a small version (say up to 8"x8") of a map or an NPC.
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old November 21st, 2015, 04:18 PM
Well, I have to admit, that I, too, at times find the embedded images in a topic too small. An option to make them larger (either globally or on a per case basis) would be nice.

As AEIOU says, not a priority item for me. Just one for the list :-)

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:25 AM
Agreed. I would like an option to set the image snippets to larger size, or have some additional image types. Right now we have simple image and smart image. I would also like to have a profile image that would be of a much larger size that I would use in my monster articles and NPC topics, for example.

I suppose that this could be easy to abuse and someone could fill a topic with lot of large images making the topic/article slow to load and, perhaps make the player view unstable is a number of such topics/articles are displayed in the player view. As it is now, however, my Mechanics Articles for Monsters make for a graphically pathetic monster manual.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
my Mechanics Articles for Monsters make for a graphically pathetic monster manual.
I am feeling your pain on this one... I want to do a sort of retro looking Monster Manual myself (anyone remember the old 2nd edition Monster Compendiums?) but am waiting in the hopes that once the web version comes online we will be able to do something that looks like a standard Wiki page (ie., text with an image [with an outline block] that takes up about 1/8th of a page).
Grey Mage is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old November 22nd, 2015, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
(anyone remember the old 2nd edition Monster Compendiums?)
I have one on my desk even as I type. Love it to bits. Somewhat literally to bits, as the cover is coming apart at the seams and the rings don't meet in the right place any more.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old November 22nd, 2015, 09:02 PM
Never played 2e, but looks like the 2e MM was like the 1e one, with better fonts and typesetting. For RW, I don't even need text wrap-around, just a large enough image so that I can see it without having to open it separately.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Never played 2e, but looks like the 2e MM was like the 1e one, with better fonts and typesetting. For RW, I don't even need text wrap-around, just a large enough image so that I can see it without having to open it separately.
That's the Monstrous Manual, the book of monsters for 2.5e. It came later. The Monstrous Compendium, the original release of monsters for 2nd Edition, was a binder with three-ring punched sheets for monsters. Other products in the line were add-on packs of sheets. The problem was that they printed some sheets with different monsters on both sides, so you couldn't perfectly alphabetize it. Oops.

ObTopic: The thumbnails are pretty small. It'd be nice to have larger ones.

Last edited by Parody; November 23rd, 2015 at 04:23 AM.
Parody is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old November 24th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
That's the Monstrous Manual, the book of monsters for 2.5e. It came later. The Monstrous Compendium, the original release of monsters for 2nd Edition, was a binder with three-ring punched sheets for monsters. Other products in the line were add-on packs of sheets. The problem was that they printed some sheets with different monsters on both sides, so you couldn't perfectly alphabetize it. Oops.
I had such high hopes for that and then TSR bungled it so badly.

One of the things I love about most everything being on PDF now is that I can build a custom monster manual of just the critters I want with relative ease just like 2nd edition promised but failed to actually deliver.
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote