Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

jasonbarron

Old October 1st, 2018, 03:07 PM
Holy smokes, Rob. Yeah, good call concerning FGG. I'll be avoiding that company like the plague from now on.
jasonbarron is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old October 1st, 2018, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
In addition, the bugs don't occur reliably, so fixing them similarly requires piecing together a puzzle across a wide span of the code.
Fix one bug, check it off, 99 more bugs suddenly appear. LOL

Quote:
Fortunately, BJ took away my keys before I crashed the family car.
Thank you, BJ!

Quote:
To sum up: Someone close to me was stalked and subjected to repeated unwanted advances at a work event for my company. From a simple place of human decency, that’s not a behavior I can respect, let alone abide by. I’ve therefore chosen not to have any further dealings with the stalker or the company he runs. It’s as simple as that.
Rob, when I first met you at Gen Con several years ago I was so impressed that you took the time to look at what I was working on and explain the use of containers and how it would help me out. A couple of years ago you again took some time at Gen Con to discuss a project I was working on. Now you have championed an employee who was harassed by someone at another company and chose not to continue doing business with that company. You could decide not to do the CM and I would still admire you and think you were a great hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
FGG are on my “never buy from” list for exactly this reason, and I applaud you for your position, Rob.
I too will add them to my "never buy from" list.

Rob, go at the pace your body needs for you to fully recover. You are no good to us if you relapse or worse... We may grumble sometimes, some many times, but we want you to get healthy and will wait. When the CM is finally launched we will have a HUGE party!
ruhar is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 1st, 2018, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmal View Post
I know this is really silly to ask and such a trivial thing too.. but for those of us that were the original beta testers and the KS backers were told that we would get forum badges, is this still going to happen?

I more just curious then concerned. I figured it would be easy to do and go a long way to the moral of the people that did back the KS and the Beta testers too. Plus maybe something you wouldn't have to do personally Rob?
Not sure how I missed this post during my previous pass. Sorry!

We actually commissioned artwork for the various badges years ago. I'm not sure where that artwork currently resides, but it should be somewhere.

The original plan was to update the forums and add the badges in conjunction with that. We've not updated the forums in any meaningful way since then, and the past heavy use of forums in general is slowly dispersing across a range of platforms. That said, it's also not a task that I would have to do!

I don't know if we'd have to first upgrade the forums or if there's a different plan that BJ has in mind. But I'll bring this up with BJ to assess exactly how much work would be involved and by whom.
rob is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 1st, 2018, 05:12 PM
Quote:
I don't know if we'd have to first upgrade the forums or if there's a different plan that BJ has in mind. But I'll bring this up with BJ to assess exactly how much work would be involved and by whom.
Yay! It's the little things in life...

I'd actually wondered about this a few times over the years
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old October 1st, 2018, 08:04 PM
Thanks Rob. I hadn't known that the incident involved LWD. My sincere apologies for inadvertently reopening it by pushing against what seemed to me an unreasonable excuse. It is I that was unreasonable in doing so.
AEIOU is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old October 4th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Quote:
In an ideal world, you're absolutely correct. The gotcha is that, when the entire development team is only a handful in size, that's much easier said than done. And when there are this many projects being worked on, that's not easy to accomplish while still making the forward progress that we want - and that users are clamoring for. When we grew the team by two additional people earlier this year, knowledge overlap was definitely a priority and is something that we're progressing on. But there's a TON of stuff to get caught up on, so it's going to be a lengthy process to get there.
Good to hear that its being worked on, I know as well as anyone that its not always easy for these things to get done, so I truly appreciate that its not an overnight process.
Philderbeast is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 6th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Not sure how I missed this post during my previous pass. Sorry!

We actually commissioned artwork for the various badges years ago. I'm not sure where that artwork currently resides, but it should be somewhere.

The original plan was to update the forums and add the badges in conjunction with that. We've not updated the forums in any meaningful way since then, and the past heavy use of forums in general is slowly dispersing across a range of platforms. That said, it's also not a task that I would have to do!

Thank you sir! This would be so cool to see. It might even casue some more people to post more hehe
Nikmal is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old October 10th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Just want to chime in and say "Thanks" Rob for the updates. As an "OG" Beta user for Realms Works, I happen to be returning to GMing after a hiatus for a couple of years while our group played other things. Now we're kicking off a Modiphius 2D20 Infinity RPG game and I thought it'd be good to get an update on where Realm Works is.

I sort of feel like I'm getting used to the tool all over again, and I had problems customizing the previous versions for Shadowrun (as opposed to D&D / Pathfinder) so I was definitely not a pro at it.

That said, I see a lot of nice improvements with Realm Works and I'm happy that progress is being made on the tool. I'm looking forward to the Content Market launching... I'm hoping maybe I can share my Infinity content or maybe write some Shadowrun content for it, who knows.

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having health problems. Thanks for the communication and status updates. It's very nice to see these updates, coming back to using the tool after a long dormancy.

Special thanks to Josh Plunkett for his Realms Works YouTube tutorials to refresh my memory on how to use the tool after all this time!
Murrdox is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old October 11th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
Just want to chime in and say "Thanks" Rob for the updates. As an "OG" Beta user for Realms Works, I happen to be returning to GMing after a hiatus for a couple of years
Welcome back to the beta fold. It has been a fun ride throughout all of the beta. I am so glad I got to be part of it too. I look forward to hearing from you more about your campaign and the use of RW too. Enjoy and welcome back to it
Nikmal is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 17th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Quote:
my body is burnt out now that the meds are gone. So I’m continually exhausted, and a much bigger chunk of this past week was spent sleeping.
Rob PLEASE listen to your body. If you are tired at this stage PLEASE rest and recover. Pushing yourself could actually make things worse in the long run.

I am pretty sure most of us would rather have you around for the long haul than jump in too quickly and relapse.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote