Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 2nd, 2017, 07:38 PM
I think I've found it. It has an SRDDomain tag, which I think means I can only see it if I have the EXTRA Domains and Spells set up. I do not include the extra domains, I have a feeling your files are including them.

I made a copy of it and removed the SRDDomain tag and it started showing up. It is part of the SRD, but not the extra domains and spells that this tag indicates.

Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Darkbagel

Old November 3rd, 2017, 01:34 PM
Hello,

I was referred here by Lone Wolf Support, if this is not the best place, please let me know and I'd be happy to try a different spot.

I play D&D 3.5 using the d20 SRD 3.5 in Hero Lab. Yesterday I updated Hero Lab and the d20 3.5 rules to the latest version. Later in the evening, I was fortunate enough for my Cleric to level up from level 4 to level 5.

Hero Lab correctly tells me I must add a 3rd level domain spell.

However, it will not let me select one. When I go to add the domain spell, my only option is "Custom/Metamagic Spell", and if I select that option, it will not accept it since it is spell level 0. (and needs to be 3rd level.)

The best option would be for it to offer the correct spells for my domains (which are Creation and Artiface). Failing in that, a custom spell would be okay, if it let me enter the spell name and level -- but it does not.

I'm running on Mac OS, Hero Lab version 8.3.
Darkbagel is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 6th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbagel View Post
Hello,

I was referred here by Lone Wolf Support, if this is not the best place, please let me know and I'd be happy to try a different spot.

I play D&D 3.5 using the d20 SRD 3.5 in Hero Lab. Yesterday I updated Hero Lab and the d20 3.5 rules to the latest version. Later in the evening, I was fortunate enough for my Cleric to level up from level 4 to level 5.

However, it will not let me select one. When I go to add the domain spell, my only option is "Custom/Metamagic Spell", and if I select that option, it will not accept it since it is spell level 0. (and needs to be 3rd level.)

The best option would be for it to offer the correct spells for my domains (which are Creation and Artiface). Failing in that, a custom spell would be okay, if it let me enter the spell name and level -- but it does not.

Are you using a replaced Domain? If you are, you will have to go and re-add the domain spells to that Domain, I had to do the same for this reason, as I couldn't get anything to show until I did.
Kendall-DM is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 6th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbagel View Post
Hello,

Sorry I missed you posting this back on the 3rd.

Pretty much what Kendall-DM is asking is my same question. Do you have any custom content running? I made a change to the way Cleric Domains function in d20 to better support the future changes. But if you had used "Replaced Thing ID" on core domains then things don't display any spells.

If you have done a Replace Thing iD then open up your file in the editor. Go to the domain and setup the Spells associated to the domain. That will let you select spells again.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 7th, 2017, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Pretty much what Kendall-DM is asking is my same question. Do you have any custom content running? I made a change to the way Cleric Domains function in d20 to better support the future changes. But if you had used "Replaced Thing ID" on core domains then things don't display any spells.

If you have done a Replace Thing iD then open up your file in the editor. Go to the domain and setup the Spells associated to the domain. That will let you select spells again.
I looked into this on my system, and it appears the Artifice domain has no spells assigned to it. Neither does the core version of Creation (the version found in the Spell Compendium does). There may be others as well.
Sendric is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 7th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Another thing of note. If you had spells that come with the standard d20 package, and you made portfolios before the new spells were put into place (no custom/replaced spells), none of those spells are showing up on my portfolios. I think this is by design, that they are keeping their originally assigned spells (the now obsolete ones) rather than the new spells (which should be superseding the obsolete ones). I'm having to go back through all my profiles and do replaces on all the spells just to get them into the new versions.

An FYI for everyone.

Last edited by Kendall-DM; November 7th, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Kendall-DM is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 7th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Another thing of note. If you had spells that come with the standard d20 package, and you made portfolios before the new spells were put into place (no custom/replaced spells), none of those spells are showing up on my portfolios. I think this is by design, that they are keeping their originally assigned spells (the now obsolete ones) rather than the new spells (which should be superseding the obsolete ones). I'm having to go back through all my profiles and do replaces on all the spells just to get them into the new versions.

An FYI for everyone.
Yes. The old spells will still be in the portfolio, but if you want the updated version of the spell, you'll need to remove the old spell and select the new one. Unfortunately, there's really no way for us to replace selected spells in old portfolios.
Sendric is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 7th, 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post

An FYI for everyone.
Yes this is exactly how Colen said to make d20 work.

This way old characters are still working and will continue to work. You only have to do this remove and re-add if you MUST have the full spell stats. Since you have been using the old character for years does it really hurt to have the old spells?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 7th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yes this is exactly how Colen said to make d20 work.

This way old characters are still working and will continue to work. You only have to do this remove and re-add if you MUST have the full spell stats. Since you have been using the old character for years does it really hurt to have the old spells?
No issue, just pointing it out. I've got several years of portfolios to mow through and after 10 hours of this spell replacement, I'm just realizing the amount of work involved. I was just holding out hope for a more efficient solution.
Kendall-DM is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old November 7th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Ditto to that... would it be possible to use a find / replace outside the HL editor? or is there more to it than simple substitution of an old pathing for a new one??

Or is this even a more troublesome attempt fraught with potential error making .. hehe (thinking this is the answer, just hoping for a more time efficient approach)

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #30 Reply With Quote