Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2017, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone,

A new d20 release is now available! Special thanks to ShadowChemosh, Kendall-DM, and Sendric for their work on this release!

Enhancements & Changes

• Spells E to Z have been updated with full details (ie Range, Target, Effect, Area, Focus Component, Material Component, and XP Cost) from the SRD. Special Thanks to Kendall-DM and Sendric for inputting all these spells!
• Spells that reference another spells details (ie Mass Bull's Strength references Bull's Strength) now includes the text from the referencing spell.
• Variant class "Paladin of Freedom" fully implemented.
• Variant class "Paladin of Slaughter" added.
• Variant class "Paladin of Tyranny" added.
• Special variant spell "Corrupt Weapon" added and is available to Blackguard, Paladin of Slaughter and Paladin of Tyranny.

Data File Authoring

• Updated the editor tab "Magic->Spell" to have a "Append Reference Information" that allows for including another spells text into another spell.
• Added a new tag group DescInfo.? that can be added to spells to allow for referencing the description text from another spell.
• All spellcasting classes that do not already have a sClass.? will now generate a sClass.? tag based on the unique id of the class automatically. This prevents the need of having to create custom sClass.? tags for each new class added to d20.
• All spellcasting classes create a sClassNot.? tag based on the unique id of the class automatically.
• Variant classes can be tagged with "Helper.VarSpells" to cause the auto generation of sClass.? and sClassNot.? tags based on the unique id of the variant class automatically. This allows for spells to be specifically setup only for a variant class.
• Updated the editor tab "Class->Variant Class" to have a "Variant Class Has Specific Spells?" option that causes the variant class to be tagged with "Helper.VarSpells".
• Added a new tag group sClassNot.? that can be added to spells to prevent a class from gaining access to the spell. In example the Paladin of Freedom does not gain several alignment based spells like Protection From Chaos. The Protection From Chaos spell contains the tag sClassNot.cvPalFree to prevent the variant class from gaining access to this spell.
• Variant classes push their sClass.? and sClassNot.? tags to the Class at First/10000. This causes classes to allow and disallow spells from the base class and the variant class. This is used for the Paladin of Freedom which gains access to some spells and loses access to other spells.
Colen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Horcoel

Old October 2nd, 2017, 12:39 PM
I Just tried to install package a few times but i am always having an error.(I uninstalled/reinstalled) Its about Players Handbook I. Now I am trying to return to old version
Horcoel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 2nd, 2017, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horcoel View Post
I Just tried to install package a few times but i am always having an error.(I uninstalled/reinstalled) Its about Players Handbook I. Now I am trying to return to old version
The official version of the community Pack is not out yet. You can use THIS beta version to be compatible in the mean time.

I am sure Sendric will have the official community release out very soon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Horcoel

Old October 2nd, 2017, 02:14 PM
I tried now,had Thing Extension 'spMisead6'- thing 'spMisead6' not defined error.
Horcoel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 2nd, 2017, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horcoel View Post
I tried now,had Thing Extension 'spMisead6'- thing 'spMisead6' not defined error.
That appears as an Extend Thing in Oriental Adventures. You can delete that from the file in the editor (or a text editor) and it should compile.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a new package but I'm not seeing it appear as a new update. Not sure why, but if you see it you can download it.

Update: Nevermind. I figured out my problem. You can download the latest release. I will make an official post in the morning.

Last edited by Sendric; October 2nd, 2017 at 02:39 PM.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Horcoel

Old October 2nd, 2017, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
That appears as an Extend Thing in Oriental Adventures. You can delete that from the file in the editor (or a text editor) and it should compile.

In the meantime, I've uploaded a new package but I'm not seeing it appear as a new update. Not sure why, but if you see it you can download it.

Update: Nevermind. I figured out my problem. You can download the latest release. I will make an official post in the morning.
Thank you,it helped ^^
Horcoel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 3rd, 2017, 03:55 AM
Big thanks to Shadow, Kendall and Colen for getting this out! I should now be able to start putting out community updates on a more frequent basis.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old October 4th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Apologies for falling down on the last bits of spells. Things have happened in the first half of this year that kept me ridiculously busy and I was not able to contribute those. I should have had the courtesy to inform you guys, but it fell to the wayside with everything that was going on at the time. Just glad to see that it was picked up and completed! Thank you to everyone involved with that!
Kendall-DM is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 1st, 2017, 04:47 AM
Receiving an error when I add the Samurai (OA) class variant to a portfolio. Not sure what it means or how to fix it:

Quote:
Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script '#2') near line 58
Any help would be appreciated.
Sendric is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 1st, 2017, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Receiving an error when I add the Samurai (OA) class variant to a portfolio. Not sure what it means or how to fix it:

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script '#2') near line 58

Any help would be appreciated.
Will try and take a look tonight. Is the Samuari (OA) variant something in the current released community pack?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote