Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old June 19th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by porl View Post
Hi Sendric
I've been playing around with Hero Lab a bit since last post, but coming back to this I'd like to do better than my "note to myself".

With the wFixDamage field, is there any way I can get the current value and modify it? Eg. it currently says 1d6 + 8 so I take that, use some scripting to get 2d3 + 8.

The reason I ask is that not only do I have to make the script add any magic damage etc. but we have some custom feats (a dex-to-damage one for starters) and I'm not confident I'll catch every edge case. If I could just "read" the current value and then build from there it would help a lot. Even if it is just a hacky "remove the first three characters" it will do for now (though could obviously have its own issues too).
I've tried to figure this out several times, and have never been successful. So, if there is a way, I unfortunately don't know it. If anyone else knows a way, I'd love to hear it. It would help solve a lot of issues.
Sendric is offline   #11 Reply With Quote