Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Greylin

Old June 30th, 2018, 12:36 AM
Hi, I'm updating our campaign custom user file to debug following 2018 changes to D20 and Community sets.

I have replaced stock cleric domains with custom descriptions, and am getting errors due to duplicate attempts to replace domain things (e.g., cdWeather) with my custom domain (cdArWeath) and something called fxWeather.

I don't recall the descriptor fx - can you remind me what this is, and give me a pointer where I might find it?

With best regards,
Greylin
Greylin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 30th, 2018, 06:29 AM
fxWeather appears to be a cleric domain "Weather", found in the file "Custom - SRD Domains.user"

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 2nd, 2018, 03:05 AM
The "fx" domains in the Custom - SRD Domains file are there to "fix" some of the core domains which don't have the spells properly attached. If you wish to replace the core domain, then you need to replace the "fx" version. In other words, put "fxWeather" into Replaces Thing id and you should be fine.
Sendric is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 2nd, 2018, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
The "fx" domains in the Custom - SRD Domains file are there to "fix" some of the core domains which don't have the spells properly attached. If you wish to replace the core domain, then you need to replace the "fx" version. In other words, put "fxWeather" into Replaces Thing id and you should be fine.
You can’t replace a thing that is already replaced. That is why the OP is getting the errors.

You will have to change the community file and make a backup. Then fix it each time the community pack updates.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 3rd, 2018, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You can’t replace a thing that is already replaced. That is why the OP is getting the errors.

You will have to change the community file and make a backup. Then fix it each time the community pack updates.
Yes, but you *can* replace something that is replacing something else, which is what I'm suggesting here.

For example, the core domain is "cdWeather". The replacement domain in the community set is "fxWeather". The OP could create a new file to create a third Weather domain "cdArWeath" and use that to replace "fxWeather". This will resolve the error and replace the domain as intended.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 3rd, 2018, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Yes, but you *can* replace something that is replacing something else, which is what I'm suggesting here.

For example, the core domain is "cdWeather". The replacement domain in the community set is "fxWeather". The OP could create a new file to create a third Weather domain "cdArWeath" and use that to replace "fxWeather". This will resolve the error and replace the domain as intended.
No sorry you can’t do that in HL. Only one replace can and will function.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 3rd, 2018, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
No sorry you can’t do that in HL. Only one replace can and will function.
I've done it before, and I just tested it again to verify. It does, in fact, work, at least in d20.
Sendric is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 3rd, 2018, 06:15 PM
Quote:
I've done it before, and I just tested it again to verify. It does, in fact, work, at least in d20.
Well your right it is working but not 100% correctly. The issue is that the thingid tags from cdWeather are NOT getting into the 3rd replacement.

So cdWeather is base replaced by fxWeather replaced by cdXXX in my test. But the final Pick only gets tags from fxWeather and cdXXXX. Meaning anything using a specific test for cdWeather will now fail. Unless you manually add the correct tags to the third replacement.

To the OP you need to specifically replace fxWeather with your domain but I wonder if you are going to get strange results. Either way I recommend manually adding the correct identity tags to your replaced thing.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Greylin

Old July 3rd, 2018, 08:19 PM
Thank you, this is massively helpful.

I did indeed just change the Replaces Thing id and the error went away - happy days. But good to know there could be some unintended consequences that I need to watch for.

I will add in the identity tags to the final replacement.
Greylin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote