Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

iamheath

Old December 20th, 2019, 11:23 AM
I am sorry of this has been asked already. Has anyone inputed the data files for Cyberpunk 2020 or Red? If not, is there any template that you guys recommend for creating a game like that?
Thanks

Heath
iamheath is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 20th, 2019, 12:10 PM
There is no editor for HL Online - so no way to create your own data set, or modify an existing one. An editor is planned for the future. (This comment when the original post was in the HLO forum.)
EDIT: You should also try posting in the User Projects in case someone has done something. I suspect the answer is no, because writing the system from scratch is a huge undertaking, and I don't think you could modify an existing system to suit.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.

Last edited by Dami; December 23rd, 2019 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Updated info
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old December 20th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I suspect that this was supposed to go in the HLC User Projects forum.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 23rd, 2019, 09:54 AM
I've moved this to the Authoring Kit forum.
Joe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 23rd, 2019, 10:20 AM
Hmm... I've never used this system, but my suspicion is that you're going to have interesting times resulting from how it has a strict progression from one stage to the next in character creation. I don't suppose you can elaborate on how it works other than that you spend points on stats and skills, and then go through LifePaths?
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Huscurian

Old April 6th, 2020, 11:37 PM
No one has ever created a datafile for Cyberpunk 2.0.2.0. or Cyberpunk Red. I started work on that, but it's on the backburner for now.

CP 2.0.2.0. requires some fine-tuning as character creation is kind of tricky. The LifePath system is somewhat imaginatively difficult to code in as each progression in the LifePath would require specific rolls to succeed; even if you do, you'd have to program the next stage of the progression for your character. That's something programmers have to think of.

However, equipment, guns, cyberware could all be coded in just like they do with other game systems. It shouldn't be a problem.
Huscurian is offline   #6 Reply With Quote