Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Shadow_Hawk

Old March 29th, 2021, 02:27 AM
looking through the Elemental Spell metamagic feat in the Elephant in the Room pdf document, I noticed that it alters the feat so that you don't pick just one element when you pick the feat, but rather whenever you cast a spell, and it reduces the metamagic cost from +1 to +0 for spell level. Is there any way this could be patched into the plugin?
Shadow_Hawk is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old March 31st, 2021, 06:46 AM
Note that is based off of the blog post for the most part, and so it shouldn't do that.
willuwontu is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 1st, 2021, 09:10 AM
That's correct.
wdmartin is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
RMR

Old April 1st, 2021, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info.
RMR is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Sledge

Old April 7th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Just noticed that with this using "Deadly Aim" instead of "Risky Strike" that 2 handed ranged weapons do not get the 1.5 times benefit. Is there a workaround or am I doing something wrong?
Sledge is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 8th, 2021, 01:00 AM
When you use a two-handed melee weapon with Power Attack, you get extra damage -- is that the 1.5 bonus you're thinking of? If so, note that Deadly Aim does not work that way. With Deadly Aim, you get exactly the same bonus regardless of what type of weapon you're using.

I'm not sure what Risky Striker has to do with anything. I believe that works with melee weapons only.
wdmartin is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
Sledge

Old April 8th, 2021, 11:34 PM
Risky striker actually replaces both power attack and deadly aim.
It gives the improved return to all two handed usage without differentiating melee and ranged
Sledge is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 9th, 2021, 12:08 AM
Ah ha! I see what's going on.

Risky Strike is in the 2018 PDF version of the Elephant in the Room Feat Tax Rules. I was confusing it with the halfling-only feat Risky Striker, which is melee only (and appears as though it may stack with Power Attack, interestingly).

So the answer to your original question is: no, you're not doing anything wrong. Everything is working as intended, because the Hero Lab files I've written implement the rules described in the 2012 blog post with a couple minor backports from the Yavmir rules that came out before the 2018 PDF.

When the 2018 PDF came out, I took a long hard look at it. When my to-do list hit 60 items, I decided that in the cost/benefit ratio of implementing it, the cost was high and the benefit was low. So I didn't.

As a workaround, I recommend going to the Adjust tab. Under "Other Adjustments", add a copy of "Ranged Damage Bonus", change the drop-down to "untyped bonus", and set the number to whatever you need to add to get your extra 50% for using a two-handed ranged weapon. Use the "Source" and "Duration" fields to make notes to yourself about where this bonus comes from so you'll know what it is.

You will need to remember to increase it when your BAB goes up. And of course if you decide to attack without using Risky Strike, you will need to turn off both Deadly Aim and this adjustment.
wdmartin is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Sledge

Old April 9th, 2021, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the response. Did you by any chance save that "to-do" list so we can see what is not included?
Sledge is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old April 9th, 2021, 04:52 PM
Sure. I've attached my notes.

When the PDF came out I started going down the list of all the feats they included and comparing them against the ones from the Paizo sources, because (for some reason) they included ones that weren't actually modified. So that's the first bit -- all the feats that weren't changed.

The second bit was all the feats that were changed. I only made it down the list as far as SH before I decided this seemed like more effort than it was worth.
Attached Files
File Type: txt wis-v2-notes.txt (4.7 KB, 10 views)
wdmartin is offline   #150 Reply With Quote