Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Silveras

Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:24 PM
@EightBitz: Part of the issue may be "non-standard" or "new" elements.

Some of the tags referenced don't look familiar to me. I know some were added with Ultimate Magic, and "Ruse" specifically was added with Ultimate Intrigue. If some of the others are from, say, the "Legacy of Dragons" Player Companion, there's a good chance that it is obscure enough not to be known to whoever put together the Pathfinder Structure. Likewise, Anti-Paladins having spells above 4th level is probably from a specific Archetype, and may not be known widely.

If any of the unrecognized items are from third-party publishers, their inclusion in the official standard Pathfinder structure is questionable, as well.
Silveras is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
@EightBitz: Part of the issue may be "non-standard" or "new" elements.

Some of the tags referenced don't look familiar to me. I know some were added with Ultimate Magic, and "Ruse" specifically was added with Ultimate Intrigue. If some of the others are from, say, the "Legacy of Dragons" Player Companion, there's a good chance that it is obscure enough not to be known to whoever put together the Pathfinder Structure. Likewise, Anti-Paladins having spells above 4th level is probably from a specific Archetype, and may not be known widely.

If any of the unrecognized items are from third-party publishers, their inclusion in the official standard Pathfinder structure is questionable, as well.
I pulled the spreadsheet from pathfindercommunity.net. I'm assuming it's redistributable. Though I haven't redistributed anything yet, so if I'm making a bad assumption, then I'll just point to the site to tell people where to get the spreadsheet for themselves.
EightBitz is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:45 PM
? This is one of those time when being able to see the underlying HTML source in RW would really help. I've built the HTML by hand out of the XML and it works just fine. The problem has to be in the RW rendering engine. I'd submit a bug.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 22nd, 2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
? This is one of those time when being able to see the underlying HTML source in RW would really help. I've built the HTML by hand out of the XML and it works just fine. The problem has to be in the RW rendering engine. I'd submit a bug.
Thanks for taking a look, though.
EightBitz is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 22nd, 2017, 07:14 PM
You could build something that looks the same in RW and export it to see if that gives you any insight.

If it's an underlying problem with the control there may not be much they can do.

Parody is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 22nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I pulled the spreadsheet from pathfindercommunity.net. I'm assuming it's redistributable. Though I haven't redistributed anything yet, so if I'm making a bad assumption, then I'll just point to the site to tell people where to get the spreadsheet for themselves.
I am not talking about re-distribution rights. What I mean is the likely cause of the gaps you're seeing are 1) human error in preparing the Pathfinder structure and 2) third-party content it was not intended to include.

The ones I mentioned could just be omissions due to it being hard to keep up with the changes in the game as it is continuously published.
Silveras is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 23rd, 2017, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I am not talking about re-distribution rights. What I mean is the likely cause of the gaps you're seeing are 1) human error in preparing the Pathfinder structure and 2) third-party content it was not intended to include.

The ones I mentioned could just be omissions due to it being hard to keep up with the changes in the game as it is continuously published.
Oh, yeah, sure. I mean, that's kind of obvious. As the game expands, things change. I wasn't being critical of anything. Well, maybe a little critical of the spreadsheet designer, which I guess might also be unfair, as they did all the work. A few, small inconsistencies and errors can be forgiven.
EightBitz is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
MadCartographer

Old March 19th, 2017, 10:09 AM
EightBlitz,

Could you help me with your script?

I am getting the following errors:

[ERROR]
Command Line: &(".\RWExport-To-HTML.ps1") -Source 'C:\Users\Lee\Documents\Realm Works\Output\Lerchanth V1.0.rwoutput' -Destination 'D:\Junk\Lerchanth.html' -Sort 2 -SimpleImageScale 0 -SmartImageScale 0 -CSSFileName 'RWExport_091b_095b.css' -Prefix -Suffix -Details -Indent -SeparateSnippets
Reason: InvalidArgument - Cannot convert value "System.Object[]" to type "System.Xml.XmlDocument". Error: "The input document has exceeded a limit set by MaxCharactersInDocument."

Script Line: [xml]$RWExportData = Get-Content -Path $Source
[/ERROR]

My export file size is: 933,015 kb

Any idea?

EDIT:
Suggestion, In your document, can you add the correct command to put your system back to normal? PLEASE!

The command to return this to normal:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser -Force

I used:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -Scope CurrentUser -Force

Is that correct?

Last edited by MadCartographer; March 19th, 2017 at 11:51 AM.
MadCartographer is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old March 21st, 2017, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCartographer View Post
EightBlitz,

Could you help me with your script?

I am getting the following errors:

[ERROR]
Command Line: &(".\RWExport-To-HTML.ps1") -Source 'C:\Users\Lee\Documents\Realm Works\Output\Lerchanth V1.0.rwoutput' -Destination 'D:\Junk\Lerchanth.html' -Sort 2 -SimpleImageScale 0 -SmartImageScale 0 -CSSFileName 'RWExport_091b_095b.css' -Prefix -Suffix -Details -Indent -SeparateSnippets
Reason: InvalidArgument - Cannot convert value "System.Object[]" to type "System.Xml.XmlDocument". Error: "The input document has exceeded a limit set by MaxCharactersInDocument."

Script Line: [xml]$RWExportData = Get-Content -Path $Source
[/ERROR]

My export file size is: 933,015 kb

Any idea?

EDIT:
Suggestion, In your document, can you add the correct command to put your system back to normal? PLEASE!

The command to return this to normal:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope CurrentUser -Force

I used:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -Scope CurrentUser -Force

Is that correct?
So, I'm still learning about the nuances of github. It was my understanding that if I offered the main github link, it would always lead to the newest branch, but this is the second or third request I've had for an older version, so I'm realizing this isn't the case.

The latest version is 1.5, and that is available here:
https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExport/tree/Version-1.5

I'm looking at the documentation for 1.5, and it does actually have the command to restore the execution policy to restricted, and it is as you've typed. I just downloaded 0.95b (which seems to be the version you're using), and its documentation has the same instruction.

As to the error you're getting, a bit of Googling tells me that the method I'm loading the XML file has a hard-coded limit of 500 MB. Your file is nearly twice this size. There is a suggested work-around, but it could take a bit of time for me to adapt my code, and I would need an appropriately sized file for testing.

Would you be willing to share your .rwexport file via Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or some other such service?

Also, the best methods to alert me to a support request are to send me a private message on this forum or to send a direct email to the address listed in the documentation.

I don't always check every new message in every new public thread, which is why it's taken me a couple of days to reply. I'm always happy to help, but I didn't realize there was a message here waiting for me.
EightBitz is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 21st, 2017, 02:55 AM
This is the link that should always lead to the latest update assuming you are using the updates correctly.

https://github.com/EightBitz/RWExpor...ive/master.zip

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #30 Reply With Quote