Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

dgirolamo

Old June 13th, 2005, 02:40 PM
I am wondering about heroes and lords from previous
editions. How do I find characters such as Aehold Helbrass, Zombie Dragon, Egrimm Van Horstmann, and Arbaal the Undefeated?
dgirolamo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old June 13th, 2005, 08:43 PM
some of these heroes are included, but not all. special characters take a long time to input compared to other things... would you consider entering some of them yourself? it is quite easy :-)
robert is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dgirolamo

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:30 PM
I would consider it. My understanding is that the new version of the AB Construction Kit has changed considerably and the learning curve is probably pretty high. The last version was really tough to figure out what the codes meant and I had to spend hours comparing similar characters and capabilitites to get it right. It was trial and error and very cumbersome.If I had a detailed set of instructions for it I could try. I am willing to spend the time, as long as it is straightforward and I don't waste time just because I can't figure it out.
dgirolamo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Warmonger

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Actually, in many cases, I would say that the new one is easier to learn. After all the 40k, BFG and Warmachine I've been working on in AB3, it was a shock to go back to AB2 for the 40k Tyranids...
Warmonger is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dgirolamo

Old June 17th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Are you going to post instructions or are you going to add in the few characters that are 5th Edition?
dgirolamo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
robert

Old July 18th, 2005, 01:00 PM
hi,
unfortunately i dont have lots of time to work on the data files. so for example I could work on the new lustria files which lots of people will use, or add some old special characters which people use occasionally. :-(

if you are interested in helping add special characters and so on, email support@wolflair.com to get hold of the latest construction kit and i will be happy to help with anything i can. i think a new construction kit is coming out very soon with better documentation, too.
robert is offline   #6 Reply With Quote