Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Morhawke

Old April 1st, 2011, 08:38 PM
First I want to thank all those that put work into keeping the datafiles and system files going and updated, you allow AB to be a valuable resource.

Is there anyway to keep the 6th/7th edition roster construction method as a feature for further builds. The club I organize runs 8th edition rules, with the exception of a few tweaks, the biggest being we continue to use the 6th/7th edition roster contruction methods (i.e. 2000pt list = +2 rares, +4 special, 3+ core) rather than the % build method.

Do not want to debate which is the better method, just that this is what we use and AB has been a great tool for a lot of our members. However the last build of the WFB8th system file removed the ability to set the roster rules to 6th/7th ed. I dont mind the lustrian etc being removed (though it was nice to have the ability to us AB to track vet points that we converted and used in long term camps.) The build rules were extremely useful to us. I understand we are only one club, but I would like to humbly request this feature be brought back into the fold. Thank you.
Morhawke is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old April 2nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
I'm not going to say yes or no at this point. The amount of work to get rid of it was enough - to put it all back doesn't bear thinking about right now!
UltraPrime is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mattmcd31

Send a message via Yahoo to mattmcd31

Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Is there anyway to allow just to list the Lore that you are taking without actually selecting the Spells. The only way I have to do it now is to edit the unit notes?
mattmcd31 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old April 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
I'm interested - why would you want to?
UltraPrime is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
mattmcd31

Send a message via Yahoo to mattmcd31

Old April 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
You need to declare your Lore before a tournament now, not just before each game. So tournament organizers are asking you to have the lore noted on your list submission, unlike 7th ed. Also I don't need all spells noted on a list that just takes up space, but its nice to have that option
mattmcd31 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old April 4th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I like that idea as well, Because I tend to use an army list over and over again and just (roll or draw) the spells (cards) as needed.
EdSteiner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Morhawke

Old April 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
I'm not going to say yes or no at this point. The amount of work to get rid of it was enough - to put it all back doesn't bear thinking about right now!
Thanks for the response.
Morhawke is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old April 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
I like that idea as well, Because I tend to use an army list over and over again and just (roll or draw) the spells (cards) as needed.
OK, I can see how this is useful. I too use the spell cards.

On a somewhat related note, I used to draw cards rather than roll, until I noticed you loose a valuable asset doing this - if you roll, there is the chance you can get a double. This allows you to choose a spell, something not possible when drawing cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morhawke View Post
Thanks for the response.
You are most welcome.
UltraPrime is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old April 5th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmcd31 View Post
Is there anyway to allow just to list the Lore that you are taking without actually selecting the Spells. The only way I have to do it now is to edit the unit notes?
Great Idea! I was wondering the same thing myself as this was something I found really useful if it was enabled.
Yobtar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old April 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
OK, added. I may improve it in the future, it's not the most elegant addition lol, but it's functional. Feedback would be nice on how to improve it.
UltraPrime is offline   #10 Reply With Quote