Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Closed Thread

UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old March 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM
With a week before I release 2.0 on you, I want bugs, big or small, reported. I've scoured the backlog, and I'm pretty confident this will be the most bug-free release yet. But it is inevitable I've missed some, so if you can look over your favourite armies and make sure everything is ship-shape and Bristol fashion, your help will be appreciated.
UltraPrime is offline   #1
Yobtar

Old March 24th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Check the Skaven file to see if u can up with a way to fix the bug involving The Armor of Silvered Steel (magic armor item) and Skaven warlords and chieftains. It has been noted for a long time and I have tried various ways to fix the issue but have not been successful.

Also there is a bug in the Skaven file involving a bug occurring when you purchase a unit of rat ogres with packmasters and a master bred rat ogre. The bug is that when you save an army with said unit in the army and then reload the army the packmaster count gets reduced to 1 regardless of how many packmasters were in the unit when the army was saved.
Example - 12 packmasters with 21 rat ogres plus a master bred rat ogre loads up as a unit of 1 packmaster with 21 rat ogres and one master bred rat ogre.
The data for the unit and options works perfectly except for the save file reload bug.

Last edited by Yobtar; March 25th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #2
Mr_Rose

Old March 24th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I think the biggest unresolved bug has been to do with shields and saves for mounts; every file I can think of that has cavalry gives them a 6+ ward save with a shield and hand weapon. Also, Monstrous Beast and Monster mounts are inconsistently granting the proper +1 save bonus to mounted models. And don't think any chariots are granting +1Sv to characters mounted on them at all.

(All except for the O&G files ofc. )

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #3
UltraPrime

Old March 25th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
Check the Skaven file to see if u can up with a way to fix the bug involving The Armor of Silvered Steel (magic armor item) and Skaven warlords and chieftains. It has been noted for a long time and I have tried various ways to fix the issue but have not been successful.

Also there is a bug in the Skaven file involving a bug occurring when you purchase a unit of rat ogres with packmasters and a master bred rat ogre. The bug is that when you save an army with said unit in the army and then reload the army the packmaster count gets reduced to 1 regardless of how many packmasters where in the unit when the army was saved.
Example - 12 packmasters with 21 rat ogres plus a master bred rat ogre loads up as a unit of 1 packmaster with 21 rat ogres and one master bred rat ogre.
The data for the unit and options works perfectly except for the save file reload bug.
Fixed. That Rat Ogre one was a nightmare, but it all works now. I also noticed that when you took The Armour of Silvered Steel, your save was increased by taking shield/mount/etc, so fixed that too!
UltraPrime is offline   #4
UltraPrime

Old March 25th, 2011, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
I think the biggest unresolved bug has been to do with shields and saves for mounts; every file I can think of that has cavalry gives them a 6+ ward save with a shield and hand weapon. Also, Monstrous Beast and Monster mounts are inconsistently granting the proper +1 save bonus to mounted models. And don't think any chariots are granting +1Sv to characters mounted on them at all.

(All except for the O&G files ofc. )
Already addressed that. Took a bit of re-writing rules, but all fine now.
UltraPrime is offline   #5
gkgnight

Old March 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM
mounstrous beasts / mounstrous cavalry / cavalary / etc...

all give the rider +1 armor save now. The old rule of they don't give a +1 armor save was in 7the dition which got removed. Here are the referances....

Ridden Moustrous Beats: Main Rulebook: Page 85: "Some characters can ride mounstrous beasts, in which case the model uses the rules for mousntrous cavalary. (see page 83)"

Mounstrous CAvalary: Main Rulebook page 83: "All the cavalary rules apply to mousntrous cavalary with one exception - moustrous cavalary always use the highest wounds characteristic the model has..."

Therefore: Moustrous Cavalary get the cavalary +1 armor save.

Therefore: Because Ridden Moustrous beasts use the moustrous cavalary rule ridden moustrous beasts get the +1 armor save.

Now we'l look at Ridden Monsters: Main rulebook page 105: "Jsut as with regular cavalary, a ridden monster affords its rider an element of additional protection. A character on a ridden monster counts his armomr save as being 1 point better than normal."

Thus: no matter what, if you're mounted on anything you get +1 to armor.

Also: keep in mind: that moustrous cavalary and ridden moustrous beasts take the wounds profile of the model that has the highest wounds characteristic. Thus: if a high elf noble (2 wounds) is mounted on an eagle (3 wounds) the entire model now has 3 wounds.

I coded that part in earlier this year when i did troop type. But a lot of people over look that rule and have e-mailed me sying its a bug -when it isn't.

Last edited by gkgnight; March 25th, 2011 at 06:33 AM.
gkgnight is offline   #6
UltraPrime

Old March 25th, 2011, 01:44 PM
You know, in my quest for never-ending perfection, I went back several pages looking for unresolved bugs. I never saw* this one mentioned. You are required to take a minimum of 3 non-character units.

*Disclaimer - I may be blind
UltraPrime is offline   #7
Time of Madness

Old March 27th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Dwarf special character Ungrim Slayer King is not in the current book. Is it worth removing him? If you keep him on give him the option to be the general and allow dwarf lists to take an extra unit of slayers.
Time of Madness
Time of Madness is offline   #8
UltraPrime

Old March 27th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time of Madness View Post
Dwarf special character Ungrim Slayer King is not in the current book. Is it worth removing him? If you keep him on give him the option to be the general and allow dwarf lists to take an extra unit of slayers.
Time of Madness
I'm not seeing him. I know I didn't remove him - was he there in last version of files?
UltraPrime is offline   #9
Yobtar

Old March 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM
He is in the AB files before 2.0. Ungrim Ironfist, Slayer King of Karak Kadrin. He has been removed in 2.0 version.

Last edited by Yobtar; March 27th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #10
Closed Thread