Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

darkkoala

Old January 8th, 2019, 09:44 AM
I'm trying to add new Advantages (slightly modified versions of those from the 2nd Edition supplement, Mecha and Manga), but I must be doing something wrong, because they're not appearing on the list of Advantages when I make a new character. I've saved the user file and even made a duplicate version of the system to save them on, but even when I load that version, I'm not showing the Advantage I created on the list. I don't suppose anyone has created a tutorial for using the editor specifically for M&M?
darkkoala is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 8th, 2019, 09:46 AM
There should be one accessible via the Help menu in the Editor. That is very odd. Could you post your .user file? I can't do much with it until tonight, but I can at least look over the code generated.
Duggan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 8th, 2019, 05:50 PM
And indeed, the first tutorial under the Editor's Help/Help on Using the Editor has you adding a new Advantage. I followed the steps and it worked. Did you use the Add (Copy) to start?
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
darkkoala

Old January 9th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Well, now I just feel silly. So I followed the tutorial, and the advantage it had me create worked just fine. After comparing briefly, I realized the issue was that the advantage I was trying to create, I had tagged User Content as the source. Not sure why that prevented it from loading in Hero Lab, but when I unchecked it, everything showed up just fine.
darkkoala is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old January 9th, 2019, 12:41 PM
Ah. Just to check, did you have that turned on for that hero? I don't think that particular "source" defaults to on.
Duggan is offline   #5 Reply With Quote