Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

killing blow

Old November 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Some simple fixes:

Keeper: When you select lvl 2 or 3 or 4 wizard it still says "magic1" in the option summary box.

Herald of Slaanesh: When you have a lvl 1 wizard option selected, the lore of Slaanesh spells and lore attributes are hard to de-select if you want to change lore's or remove the wizard lvl altogether. I have to select each box 3-7 times to get it to de-select. Drives me crazy. I have just deleted the hero and re-select to bypass this.

Bloodletters and Plague bearers: Don't know if this is possible to add but these two units cannot take the "flaming banner" due to having a magical hand weapon. The same goes for the Herald of Nurgle and Khorne. Only daemonetts and Pink Horrors can take the flaming banner and their respective heralds.

Thanks,

Steve H.
Traverse City, Michigan

Beastmen, Daemons, Wood Elves and High Elves

Last edited by killing blow; November 21st, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
killing blow is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old November 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killing blow View Post
Some simple fixes:

Keeper: When you select lvl 2 or 3 or 4 wizard it still says "magic1" in the option summary box.

Herald of Slaanesh: When you have a lvl 1 wizard option selected, the lore of Slaanesh spells and lore attributes are hard to de-select if you want to change lore's or remove the wizard lvl altogether. I have to select each box 3-7 times to get it to de-select. Drives me crazy. I have just deleted the hero and re-select to bypass this.

Bloodletters and Plague bearers: Don't know if this is possible to add but these two units cannot take the "flaming banner" due to having a magical hand weapon. The same goes for the Herald of Nurgle and Khorne. Only daemonetts and Pink Horrors can take the flaming banner and their respective heralds.

Thanks,
Will look at some code options for HoS, however when I use the increase magic level for KoS it does update the Magic level and print the correct magic level.

As for the Flaming Banner can you quote or direct me toward the rule/FAQ/Errata that prohibits them from having a magic banner and magic weapon?

Here is the issue at hand, if you take a magic banner and you say have a magic weapon it's effect do not transfer into the weapon. I agree, in the case of these units they have by default magic weapons. However no rule prohibits them from taking a banner they cannot benefit from. It's a catch-22 IMHO. So since by rule it is not prohibited therefore it must be allowed.

Last edited by EdSteiner; November 22nd, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
EdSteiner is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
killing blow

Old November 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Will look at some code options for HoS, however when I use the increase magic level for KoS it does update the Magic level and print the correct magic level. When I print it out it still shows the KOS as lvl 1 even though it has been selected. Weird that it shows on your print out but no on mine. I will look again at my print out.

As for the Flaming Banner can you quote or direct me toward the rule/FAQ/Errata that prohibits them from having a magic banner and magic weapon? See comment below

Here is the issue at hand, if you take a magic banner and you say have a magic weapon it's effect do not transfer into the weapon. I agree, in the case of these units they have by default magic weapons. However no rule prohibits them from taking a banner they cannot benefit from. It's a catch-22 IMHO. So since by rule it is not prohibited therefore it must be allowed.

I agree on the magic banner. They can take it, it's not prohibited, but gain no benefit from it so this does not need to be changed in tha case.

Thanks for getting back to me,

Steve H.
Traverse City, Michigan

killing blow is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Fergus

Old December 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
This is in regards to Skulltaker's armour. The Cloak of Skulls is currently list as a "4+ Scaly Skin" which does not allow Skulltaker to benefit from his natural 6+ Scaly Skin. In the Daemon Army book the Cloak of Skulls is described as Magic Armour. So, Skulltaker's total armour should be listed as 3+ as oppose to his current 4+.

Thank you in advance for addressing this issue.
Fergus is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old December 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
This is in regards to Skulltaker's armour. The Cloak of Skulls is currently list as a "4+ Scaly Skin" which does not allow Skulltaker to benefit from his natural 6+ Scaly Skin. In the Daemon Army book the Cloak of Skulls is described as Magic Armour. So, Skulltaker's total armour should be listed as 3+ as oppose to his current 4+.

Thank you in advance for addressing this issue.
Fixed for 2.69
EdSteiner is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
killing blow

Old December 12th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Ed,

The update fixed the HoS magic issues but the Keeper is still printing out "Magic1" in the option summary box even though I have selected lvl 3 or 4 wizard.

Steve H.
Traverse City, Michigan

killing blow is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old December 12th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killing blow View Post
Ed,

The update fixed the HoS magic issues but the Keeper is still printing out "Magic1" in the option summary box even though I have selected lvl 3 or 4 wizard.
Will review code snip
EdSteiner is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Time of Madness

Old April 5th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Anyway you can add the Exalted Flamer hero option from the battle scrolls? I can send you the details if needed.
Time of Madness
Time of Madness is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old April 10th, 2014, 06:58 AM
Added for 2.74
EdSteiner is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
kyle4494

Old June 30th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Skulltaker isn't showing up on my roster list, wondering if it's a bug
kyle4494 is offline   #50 Reply With Quote