Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > The 9th Age

Notices

Greyfire

Old February 18th, 2016, 07:08 PM
For Empire of Sonnstahl:

I haven't seen this reported anywhere yet so I hope I'm not double-posting. The validation rule for Veteran units is misbehaving when that unit contains a champion.

Steps to reproduce:

Start new army roster for The 9th Age for EoS with 2500 pts. Now add a Marshal and check General and Seasoned General. Add a unit of Heavy Infantry and increase to 25 models. Check Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer. All is well. Now check Veterans. The unit goes Red and the validation warning "Veteran Swordsmen: Too many Veteran troops" is displayed.

If you uncheck Champion the warning goes away. It's acting like the champion is a separate unit. Also, if there are other Heavy Infantry units on the roster, then all of them will go Red when a unit with a champion is upgraded to Veterans.

The Light Infantry unit is behaving the same.
Greyfire is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 22nd, 2016, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfire View Post
For Empire of Sonnstahl:

I haven't seen this reported anywhere yet so I hope I'm not double-posting. The validation rule for Veteran units is misbehaving when that unit contains a champion.

Steps to reproduce:

Start new army roster for The 9th Age for EoS with 2500 pts. Now add a Marshal and check General and Seasoned General. Add a unit of Heavy Infantry and increase to 25 models. Check Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer. All is well. Now check Veterans. The unit goes Red and the validation warning "Veteran Swordsmen: Too many Veteran troops" is displayed.

If you uncheck Champion the warning goes away. It's acting like the champion is a separate unit. Also, if there are other Heavy Infantry units on the roster, then all of them will go Red when a unit with a champion is upgraded to Veterans.

The Light Infantry unit is behaving the same.
The error was due to how the unit count was viewing it for special rules and thinking it was a duplicate unit with the Veteran upgrade.
Fixed DL same release

Last edited by EdSteiner; February 24th, 2016 at 05:59 AM.
EdSteiner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Snarkhunter

Old February 27th, 2016, 12:13 PM
For Ogre Khans - the Bluffer's Helm (35 pts) is missing from the magical armour options of the Great Khan, Khan, and Mammoth Hunter.
Snarkhunter is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Snarkhunter

Old February 27th, 2016, 12:29 PM
For Orcs and Goblins - The Charm of Cursed Iron is incorrectly labelled as the Ironcurse Icon (tested on Goblin King with Forest race).
Snarkhunter is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 27th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarkhunter View Post
For Ogre Khans - the Bluffer's Helm (35 pts) is missing from the magical armour options of the Great Khan, Khan, and Mammoth Hunter.
Fixed DL same release
EdSteiner is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 27th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarkhunter View Post
For Orcs and Goblins - The Charm of Cursed Iron is incorrectly labelled as the Ironcurse Icon (tested on Goblin King with Forest race).
Fixed DL same release
EdSteiner is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fardrake

Old May 10th, 2016, 12:53 PM
First of all. How wonderful of having 9th age in AB! Great!

It is probably a general issue, I noticed it in the Kingdom of Equitaine.
At 1500 points you are only allowed 2 characters (Heroes & Lords, max. 2).
But I can select more than that without receiving a fault (exclamation mark).
Fardrake is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 19th, 2016, 10:22 AM
No is the points value not character count

You can only have Heroes + Lords max 50% of your points so please check again
EdSteiner is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
lschantz

Old May 19th, 2016, 04:10 PM
I noticed something different in the current build for both 9th and 8th edition rules, for Champions it is an additional cost of 10 points so as an example a Sword Master in 9th cost 12 points and the champion cost 22. Is that the correct point total or was that an oversight, because I cannot find a rule that says champions cost the model point plus an additional 10 points.
lschantz is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old May 19th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Yes because 9 th uses unit size limit counts. So to get a basic unit to calculate correctly. Add any unit into the builder, now select the champion upgrade, then reduce the unit count by one model, you will then find the points are correct.

Again to simplify this think of it ad it is adding one model to the total model count for the unit. And size matters in 9th, so to make the rules work for unit count limits this was the only way.
EdSteiner is offline   #10 Reply With Quote