Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
Greetings,

We just released V1.1h, and there's a whole bunch in this release for everyone. Whether you're adding your own custom material or just using all the SRD material, there's a lots of stuff you'll like in this release!

The V1.1h update includes a some significant enhancements for editing custom material. This includes improvements to the Editor, simplified creation of classes and other things, and scripting macros that make common script code much clearer and easier to utilize. We've also added some key things for d20 content, including basic Psionics support and lots of new adjustments.

The following is a list of some of the key highlights for this release...

1. - edit - communications problem! this feature didn't make it into the d20 system files. it'll be included in a future update. -
2. Added and deleted data files are now detected and automatically force a re-compile. This is useful when sharing files with others and at times when creating your own custom material.
3. In the Editor, removed the buttons at the top of the screen and replaced them with a single button named "Test Now!". If file saving or compilation is required, they are done automatically. This greatly streamlines adding custom material.
4. The "Create Panel" button now automatically saves and compiles the data files, instead of asking you to do it yourself.
5. Added the basics of psionics. The Psionic Warrior and Psion classes are now present, along with all psionic powers, skills and feats. More psionic classes will be added in future updates. Until then, the remaining psionic classes can be readily added using the editor.
6. Added the ability to print all the spells in your spellbook.
7. Added spell / power save DC to the standard character sheet output.
8. Added a ruleset, "Use Action Points", that adds an "Action Points" charge to the In-Play tab.
9. Added many new adjustments, including a generic counter, initiative, armor class, class skills and weapon & armor proficiencies.
10. Simplified the creation of classes in the editor.
11. You can now assign bonus feats to custom classes.

As always, the complete list of program changes will be found in the readme.txt file installed with the update. The complete list of d20 data file changes will be found in the data file FAQ.

Have fun!

-Rob
rob is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2007, 05:46 AM
Hey Rob When I activated my license the new version crashed.
dartnet is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2007, 05:55 AM
At 06:46 AM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
Hey Rob When I activated my license the new version crashed.
Huh. Everything checked out fine on this end on multiple computers before we released. And everything checks out fine after further testing just now.

Exactly when did HL crash? Immediately after completing the activation process? Or when it re-started? If the latter, did it happen before you loaded a game system? Or after? Please provide as much detail as possible to help figure this out.

After you give me that info, please try uninstalling and re-installing HL. That might clear whatever has gotten stuffed up within HL on your system.

I'll check back in a number of hours. I haven't gone to bed yet, and it's now 7am here. So I need to get some sleep so that I can function clearly.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old June 23rd, 2007, 06:04 AM
When it restarts.
It doesn’t matter if it is registered or not

I did uninstall and reinstall and it still crashed.

The error name is wderror4032.txt.

Hope this helps.
dartnet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Culhwch

Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
Hey, Rob.

I'm not seeing anything in the d20 documentation on the macros. I saw some stuff in the Authoring Kit docs on it, but it said to check in the games systems docs for a list of macros.

Thanks.
Culhwch is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2007, 12:11 PM
At 10:00 AM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I'm not seeing anything in the d20 documentation on the macros. I saw some stuff in the Authoring Kit docs on it, but it said to check in the games systems docs for a list of macros.
Well, it's time for me to eat some crow here. :-(

I added all the stuff to support the macros in the engine and my last conversation with Colen about it left me believing that he was leveraging the macros within this update. After consulting with Colen just now, it appears that I was mistaken and those aren't going to be leveraged until next week. Since I had heard nothing contrary to my original understanding during our release wrapup, I included info about them in this release. That's a communication breakdown on our end.

The use of macros will be in next week's update. Sorry for the confusion....
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 23rd, 2007, 12:14 PM
At 07:04 AM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
When it re started.

I did uninstall and reinstall and it still crashed.
As I asked previously, does it crash before or after you load a game system? If it crashes afterwards, do it occur before the "Building interface" progress message or after?

I also need you to provide me with the crash log that is generated. If I can get answers to the above questions and the crash log, I've got a fighting chance to figure this out. Without that information, it will be extremely hard to figure it out unless we can reproduce the problem, and so far we haven't been able to duplicate the problem here due with the limited information we've received thus far.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old June 23rd, 2007, 12:57 PM
As you command.

C:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
1.1.h 121
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x004bfae9
Type: bad read
dartnet is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:03 PM
At 01:57 PM 6/23/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
As you command.
OK, the crash log is helpful, and we're trying to figure this out. Based on where the crash is occurring, I really need answers to some additional questions.

Does it crash before or after you load a game system? When you launch HL, it normally displays the "Select Game System" form. Does HL crash before that appears? Or does it crash after you select the D20 game system?

If it crashes after selecting the D20 system, does it occur before the "Building User Interface" progress message or after?

If it crashes after the progress message appears, does it crash before or after the "Configure Hero" form appears?

If you are taking any steps during the launch process that we should know about, please make sure to list them. For example, are you launching HL directly via the Start menu or are you lauching HL by double-clicking on a saved character? If the latter, then it's likely there is something about the saved portfolio that is causing the problem, in which case we need you to provide us with the character. Whatever you are doing, please tell us the steps you are taking.

If you want to maximize the speed with which we can get this fixed for you, tell us all much detail as possible. The less detail we have, the longer it will take us to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to provide all the details....
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
dartnet

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM
It happens when it first loads so I never get to choose a game system.

I think it has some thing to do with my regestery. As i activaged the licence for Hero Lab on my labtop and it works fine.
dartnet is offline   #10 Reply With Quote