Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

SeeleyOne

Old August 1st, 2012, 07:15 PM
In several of the 2nd Edition books, offhand Paragons comes to mind, there ais an option to spend PP to raise PL, being 15 PP to raise it by 1 PL. Granted you can do this manually by raising the PL in the Journal and deducting the PP or by adding a power with the PP value.

If I knew the gist of the code to use I would add a power that would do this automatically. You raise (or lower, if desired) the PL by choosing that power and it costs the 15 per rank (or gives back 15 if lowered). I would think that this could be put into a user file.

While the adding and lowering of PL is more of a characer generation thing, I could see it being an effective way to manage the PL over the course of the game. A player could save the PP, and when the GM allows it, to spend it and increase PL for that character.
SeeleyOne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:12 AM
A way ye can do this is set the PL of the character normally via the first screen (where ye can name it, set PL and select rule-sets) and then click on the Optional Rules box "Choose Starting PP" which allows ye to type in how much PP the character has.
Again it's a manual way of doing it and not an automatic way ye described, but it is another way of doing what ye wanted
CelticREI is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old August 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks. What I have been doing so far is first I set the baseline PL as you describe. Then I use a power that I made for such a purpose. It is called Increase Power Level. While for now it doesn't actually DO anything beyond using up PP, hopefully someday it will be fully functional. Then I go to the Journal section and add a Power Level. Not quite as elegant as I want, but hey it works.

The result is that raising a Power Level is a player-determined event. Do you want to spend the points to increase your potential? Maybe. While it may seem a waste of power points to some, it does make it no longer be dependant on having to wonder if it is time to raise the overall PL or not. It is a naturaly thing through play progression and evolution of the characters.
SeeleyOne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CelticREI

Send a message via AIM to CelticREI Send a message via MSN to CelticREI Send a message via Yahoo to CelticREI

Old August 6th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Ah, I understand what ye mean, I actually do something similar in my games, ye pay (PL ye are going to) pp (Thus a PL8 character would pay 9pp because they are going up to PL9) which rounds it out and gives a curve, allowing for lower PL people to catch up and forcing folks to not 'grind' through PL's without cost
CelticREI is offline   #4 Reply With Quote