Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Freewolf

Old January 30th, 2018, 11:05 AM
So I had created a spell package that is replacing some versions of spells. It was working just fine.

However it seems after the last update, one of the things I am replacing is now being replaced by something else.

So now I am getting Thing to replace is already replaced by another thing and cannot be superseded. However I am not sure which thing replacement is causing the error now to debug and fix it.

How do I go about discovering what is causing the conflict without rebuilding everything??
Freewolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old January 30th, 2018, 04:45 PM
You can always try to search the folder/files for the keywords "replaces" or "preclude".

If you have notepad++ you can usually Ctrl+Shift+F (or Search, Find in Files) and find all the instances of the those search words as long as you set the search directory to the one containing your .user files.

Normally the community files don't use either precludes or replaces. The one place they do is the tiefling race, not spells. But that doesn't mean maybe something LW did is breaking something either.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Freewolf

Old January 30th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Thanks DungeonGuru I will take a look through some of the files and see what I can find.
Freewolf is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:21 AM
Also, never use Replace. Always use Preclude, instead. And attach it to a source.

Using Replace is universal, regardless of which sources are selected.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote