Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old February 9th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
That answer did not actually really clearly answer my questions.

Q: After I migrate, will my purchases show up in both Hero Lab Online and Hero Lab Classic.
A: So long as your purchase is available in both versions of the program, they sure will!

Does that include purchases made after the migration as well or just the ones prior to the migration?
It includes whatever game systems are included in both versions. So for Pathfinder, any purchases made, past or future, will be available in both systems.

For Starfinder and any future systems which are only available in HLO, your purchases will only be available in HLO, because the content will only be available in HLO.

Either way, you won't have to buy the same thing twice.
EightBitz is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old February 14th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Say I decide to migrate to HLO after Pathfinder becomes available, and 6 months later decide to cancel my HLO subscription (for whatever reason), will I still have access to my HLC licensed content?
Krothos is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 15th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krothos View Post
Say I decide to migrate to HLO after Pathfinder becomes available, and 6 months later decide to cancel my HLO subscription (for whatever reason), will I still have access to my HLC licensed content?
Yes indeed!
Rone is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old February 16th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Can we assume the cost of the sub will be the same regardless of number of game systems we own? (assuming Pathfinder and others become available).

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2018, 05:22 PM
The cost of the sub will not change once Pathfinder is brought over. If you've never owned Pathfinder you'd still have to purchase it as you normally would but the sub will remain the same whether you own Starfinder or Starfinder and Pathfinder.
BJ is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old February 22nd, 2018, 07:48 AM
Thanks and awesome! I won't be playing Starfinder all year long but Starfinder + Pathfinder will definitely == year long subs...

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Phredd

Old February 22nd, 2018, 01:43 PM
What's the pricing for additional devices? Looking at purchasing the Starfinder package, and the description says that it's possible to add additional simultaneous devices, but it doesn't say how much that's going to be.

The FAQ also states that if you have additional licenses for Hero Lab Classic (or whatever it is that you're calling it), those will translate over to simultaneous devices for HLO. Is this immediately? If not, and I purchase additional devices for Starfinder, what happens when I migrate Pathfinder over to HLO? Do I suddenly have access to way more devices than I need?

Last edited by Phredd; February 22nd, 2018 at 01:54 PM.
Phredd is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 22nd, 2018, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phredd View Post
If not, and I purchase additional devices for Starfinder, what happens when I migrate Pathfinder over to HLO? Do I suddenly have access to way more devices than I need?
It isn't a one-way migration; so you can still use the desktop/iPad version of HL with your existing licenses :-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Gildren

Old February 23rd, 2018, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredoigo View Post
It is not $70 per year. As with HL Classic you have to buy the content. The Starfinder CRB is $34.99 and comes with six month of server usage. Going forward the cost is $2.00/month for the server fee.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was a bit confused as well, of course that isn't always hard to do in my case (snicker).

Anyway, it seems like this version is very much like the beta, just a character creation program. Is there any sort of time frame for the coming soon features listed below?

========================
Coming soon!
Look to the future for even more functionality with features such as:

• Tactical Console
• Encounter Builder
• Offline View
• Streamlined Starship Management for the Whole Party
• Party Loot Management
• GM-Player Interaction
• Player-to-Player Collaboration
• And more!
========================

Would hate to spend the 180 days of server access when the features I'm truly excited about have yet to be activated or beta tested.

Thanks!
Gildren is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Quote:
What's the pricing for additional devices? Looking at purchasing the Starfinder package, and the description says that it's possible to add additional simultaneous devices, but it doesn't say how much that's going to be.
We have no idea on cost yet and its not currently possible to add additional devices for Starfinder. I expect to NOT see this feature until they move over Pathfinder.

Quote:
The FAQ also states that if you have additional licenses for Hero Lab Classic (or whatever it is that you're calling it), those will translate over to simultaneous devices for HLO. Is this immediately? If not, and I purchase additional devices for Starfinder, what happens when I migrate Pathfinder over to HLO? Do I suddenly have access to way more devices than I need?
Most likely won't see anything for additional devices until Pathfinder comes to HLO. Hopefully at that time we have more detailed answers but it would mean you won't have to worry about buying for Starfinder and having too many when pathfinder comes over.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #40 Reply With Quote