Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

CptCoots

Old January 22nd, 2016, 12:30 PM
So this is with respect to d20 starwars. Jedi Consulars and Jedi Guardians both count as jedi. At 7th level they get the Jedi Knight special that allows them to select a feat. I implemented Jedi Knight as a Secondary Ability; then I made Custom Abilities that bootstrap the applicable Feats that count as Secondary Abilities. This works fine (assuming you won't take levels in each Jedi class for now). Now there are Jedi prestige classes whose levels contribute toward the 7th level requirement for Jedi Knight: e.g., Jedi Consular 4/Jedi Ace 3 gets the Jedi Knight thingy.
I don't know how to implement this. Any thoughts or mechanisms that are similar in 3.5 that have already been implemented so I can chekc how they did it?
CptCoots is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old January 22nd, 2016, 01:19 PM
UPDATE:
Did some digging and found cCstSpExpr and cCstS2Expr: any way I can edit those.
Or as an alternative how about letting me know how to edit the entries of cCustScTot.
BTW by edit I mean change in eval-scripts.

As a secondary sort of fix, would cTotalLev or cBonusLev be a better target to fool the secondary ability into thinking I was a level 7 Consular without screwing with too much?
CptCoots is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 22nd, 2016, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
UPDATE:
Did some digging and found cCstSpExpr and cCstS2Expr: any way I can edit those.
Or as an alternative how about letting me know how to edit the entries of cCustScTot.
BTW by edit I mean change in eval-scripts.
These are just text "Fields" on the Class Helper so you can totally edit/change them all you want in an eval script. Nothing special to it. Only thought is I would do it really late in Final/999999 or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptCoots View Post
As a secondary sort of fix, would cTotalLev or cBonusLev be a better target to fool the secondary ability into thinking I was a level 7 Consular without screwing with too much?
If it was "me" I would make a new tag group in a .1st file for "Jedi" with a tag of "Levels". Then have your class apply the "Jedi.Level" tag to the hero and then all your validation/bootstrap logic can run off Jedi.Level by doing a hero.tagcount[Jedi.Level]. Sense you have multiple "classes" that can stack this value.

That is off the top of my head so may need some adjustments but it would work. If you don't like working with .1st files I would simply make a new "User.JediLvl" tag instead in the editor.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
CptCoots

Old January 22nd, 2016, 06:56 PM
Thank you for the inspiration. I was already using User.Jedi to count jedi levels... I just had to locate Helper.FtHide (which is HUGELY USEFUL) to hide a "Feat" for Jedi Knight and that one has a selector for other feats (which are tagged to be suitable targets and I check !HasFeat.?
CptCoots is offline   #4 Reply With Quote