Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

DarkHost

Old March 25th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I am looking to apply exclusions to options available to units. In specific, there are a number of options that are available to a number of units. The number of options that a given unit can have is dependent on the unit.

In an effort to save data entry time, I created an option (IceFoci) to which the individual unit options are linked. This let me link IceFoci to a unit instead of having to link each individual option. However, it appears that I cannot apply an Exclusion to IceFoci that will limit the number of linked options.

Is there a way to solve my problem, or will I have to link each option to each unit and apply then apply the desired Exclusion to each link?
DarkHost is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 26th, 2006, 12:09 AM
This is exactly what "link sets" are designed to accomplish. Instead of defining one option that chains to a bunch of other options, you define a "link set" that represents a "package" of options. Instead of assigning the one option, you assign the link set. The net result is the same amount of work, but you get the behavior you want. :-)

You then need to utilize the exclusion group in association with the options in the link set. If you use an exclusion group with its limit dictated by a private unit stat, you'll be able to change the limit for each unit very easily.

Hope this helps,
Rob

At 04:42 PM 3/25/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I am looking to apply exclusions to options available to units. In specific, there are a number of options that are available to a number of units. The number of options that a given unit can have is dependent on the unit.

In an effort to save data entry time, I created an option (IceFoci) to which the individual unit options are linked. This let me link IceFoci to a unit instead of having to link each individual option. However, it appears that I cannot apply an Exclusion to IceFoci that will limit the number of linked options.

Is there a way to solve my problem, or will I have to link each option to each unit and apply then apply the desired Exclusion to each link?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote