Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What Pathfinder Content Do You Want to See FIRST?
Essential Pathfinder Rulebooks Only (e.g. CRB, APG, ACG, UM, UC) 23 15.23%
All Pathfinder Rulebooks 12 7.95%
Bestiaries and Similar Books 6 3.97%
Modules and Smaller Adventures 7 4.64%
Adventure Paths and Huge Adventures 45 29.80%
Generally Reusable Content (e.g. NPCs, Artwork, Maps) 4 2.65%
Golarian Campaign Setting 10 6.62%
Player Companions 0 0%
Not interested in Pathfinder content 44 29.14%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2017, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy277 View Post
Rob or other staff,

I know schedules are always subject to change and you can't say anything with too much certainty, but do you have a timeframe for how often you hope to see Pathfinder content released? Like, would you shoot for some fixed number of sourcebooks or adventures/modules a month?
Unfortunately, we don't have a concrete schedule at this time, but we do hope to release content of various kinds on a regular basis.
BJ is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
Znicker

Old January 26th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
NOTHING IS SAFE TO ASSUME!

While portions of RotRL were shown, that was WAY back. Chapter 1 was done as a PROTOTYPE of how we'd be doing content in general. What we showed back then was that prototype. As with all good prototypes, it was subsequently thrown away.

Yes, RotRL is high on our list of stuff to release. However, I'm pretty sure that RotRL will NOT be in the FIRST wave of content we release. That said, I'm also pretty sure that it will be in the SECOND wave of content we release. So please don't expect it in the first batch of content. But you can definitely expect it to be released pretty soon thereafter.
A bit disappointed by this. I would really like to know the aprox expected release of "the second wave" then. The wait for this delays my planned RotRL AP. If i know that it will be a year before release i will do the job my self. But i its a matter of months i will wait and save the time creating it.

I would really appriciate a honest aprox release time

This is not meant as critisicm, but just a way for me to plan my use of RW!

Im all yours faithfully for ever! Thanks for making awsome programs, and keep up the good work
Znicker is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old January 26th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Just to sort of echo what Znicker said, what would be very wonderful is knowing which modules/APs are coming down the pike. If we have some idea of what's coming in the next, say, six months, we'll know which ones we may or may not want to build ourselves.
Billy277 is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old January 31st, 2017, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy277 View Post
Just to sort of echo what Znicker said, what would be very wonderful is knowing which modules/APs are coming down the pike. If we have some idea of what's coming in the next, say, six months, we'll know which ones we may or may not want to build ourselves.
+1 For this. I have stopped all data entry waiting to see what is coming. My players are quickly gaining on me as I am waiting to see if Wrath of the Righteous made the cut. It is difficult for me to invest 40-60 hours per module if I can buy it soon.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Rise of the Runelords is expected to be in the second waves of content, which will probably come about a month after the first wave. So the wait for RotRL won't be long.

For other material, BJ and I need to sit down together and nail down the plan. When doing that, we also need to look at the survey results to incorporate that feedback into the overall priority of content. This is a pretty reasonable request. We'll do our best to get you a bit more details like you want. However, please understand that we'red swamped right now, so please be patient, and provide a few polite reminders in in interim.
rob is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Znicker

Old February 19th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Rise of the Runelords is expected to be in the second waves of content, which will probably come about a month after the first wave. So the wait for RotRL won't be long.
yay! Dancing on the living room floor a little
Znicker is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
ri_gamer

Old February 19th, 2017, 01:16 PM
Woo Hoo!
ri_gamer is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old February 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Excellent. I think this will really impact how people are using the tool. I know a number of us have stalled data entry for specific products as we are unsure if that effort will be replaced by official content.

I'm already starting to consider what the 5e SRD release means for me.

Assuming all 5e content is created in a realm that contains the SRD content (I would hope this happens) then it will be important to use the SRD as the base to ensure linking occurs with future content. Knowledge of the pipeline will help everyone make the individual decisions on what to focus on.

Thanks Rob.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old February 19th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Excellent, our group is about 6 months from the end of Giantslayer, and we have been toying up returning to RotRL (starting afresh) and luckily I have only just starting doing some data input, so I will hold off now, our other option is to go to Crimson Throne.

So release schedule will come in very handy...
Happydevil43 is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
themantheycallcris

Old December 5th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Any news or ideas on when the Giantslayer Campaign might become available in the Content Market? I'm really wanting to get it going with our group, and I've got 5 players that I plan to purchase player accounts for.

Any idea of when it would be available (months, years, whatever) would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Christ is King!
themantheycallcris is offline   #70 Reply With Quote