Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

nodice

Old July 1st, 2016, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
No ETA whatsoever has been mentioned for individual player/character reveals. I'm not sure how much work this will entail. Unless it's something small and easy that can be added in while working on Marketplace and Player Journals, I would not anticipate seeing it implemented this year. I too am eagerly awaiting this functionality.
Thats what I suspected. Oh well. Ill check back again in six months, thanks for the update guys
nodice is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
LeeSmith

Old July 2nd, 2016, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
thats terrific news can't wait
What is the channel for this server?
LeeSmith is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old July 2nd, 2016, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSmith View Post
Channel is realm-works

link (works for some clients like chatzilla): irc://irc.uworld.se/realm-works

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Vornmusion

Old July 5th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
Game System Tailoring Shortly

There’s one other significant change in the offing that I want to outline here. It’s something that is baked into the imminent release, but it won’t be visible to anyone outside of the Beta team until it receives further testing. We’re introducing more tailored category structures for specific game systems. When you create a new realm, you’ll be able to select a game system, after which the initial category structure will be customized to the game system. The tags available on snippets will similarly match the rules and terminology of the game system.

On the Story side of things, the assortment of categories will be largely unchanged, but various categories will be tweaked and augmented with new pre-defined snippet types that more closely reflect the specifics of a given game system. For example, the “Community” category is renamed to “Settlement” for Pathfinder and gains snippet types like “Alignment” and “Qualities” that match the published Pathfinder rules. Categories that don’t really fit the game system will start out as disabled, such as “Region: Celestial” and “Planetary Body” not appearing for high fantasy.

Similar changes will take place on the Mechanics side, but they will be much more extensive. Many new categories will appear for a rules-heavy game system like Pathfinder, but even a much “lighter” game like Savage Worlds will feature some new categories. Some of the built-in categories will be wholly replaced by new categories tailored to the game system, while other categories will be hidden, and still others will be enhanced (and sometimes renamed) to more accurately reflect the rules structure of the game system.
Will this be possible to retroactively apply to a realm (ignoring the potential conflicts of data in doing so, for the moment)? If not, will it be possible to transfer data from an existing realm to a newly created one (even if in small portions at a time)?

I'd be interested in having such a thing for my Pathfinder game but I could never stomach having to start over from scratch. I've been working on adding every Pathfinder PDF I own (which is a great many) to have a fully "complete" all-purpose Pathfinder realm and due to my self imposed standards of formatting it takes much longer than simply copy and pasting material over. Starting anew is neither desirable nor reasonable for me at this stage.
Vornmusion is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old July 5th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSmith View Post
We're very quiet, but always happy to see new people, and there's pretty much always someone logged in, though AFK-ness can be a thing.

And we do love chatting about RW and our games. Come in, say "Hi", hang around, and wait for Acenoid, Vargr, or myself to express surprise at a new person.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 6th, 2016, 09:39 AM
@Vornmusion

Yes, we are working on having a way for you to convert your old realms, which are on what we are calling the "Legacy" game system, to another game system. It won't be available immediately, but it should be available shortly after the initial game systems are made available (first to the Beta team so they can test it out).
Joe is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
lyobovnik

Old July 6th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
@Vornmusion

Yes, we are working on having a way for you to convert your old realms, which are on what we are calling the "Legacy" game system, to another game system. It won't be available immediately, but it should be available shortly after the initial game systems are made available (first to the Beta team so they can test it out).
Sounds promising.

I just bought RW yesterday, so keep in mind I ask this as a total neonate, but... Under this new "Game System"-oriented paradigm, what will be the options for someone using no system, or an unsupported system?
lyobovnik is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 6th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyobovnik View Post
Sounds promising.

I just bought RW yesterday, so keep in mind I ask this as a total neonate, but... Under this new "Game System"-oriented paradigm, what will be the options for someone using no system, or an unsupported system?
Yes. There's a "System Neutral" option specifically for creating system neutral content for distribution via the Content Market. It's not intended to be used for direct gameplay.

There's also an "Other" option to cover any game systems not officially supported by Realm Works. It effectively also has no system-specific structure, but is intended to be added on to by the GM to support whatever game system they like.
Joe is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old July 7th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Will you have one for Shadowrun 5e?
adzling is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old July 13th, 2016, 05:45 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.
Pollution is offline   #40 Reply With Quote