Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Added a new portfolio, race Aasimir, added the feat for Cold (one of the DR it has) and same issue.
risner is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:04 AM
In the editor, above the "Custom Expression", set "Restrict To..." to "Picks on Hero"
Mathias is online now   #12 Reply With Quote
risner

Old August 24th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
In the editor, above the "Custom Expression", set "Restrict To..." to "Picks on Hero"
Tried that, but it didn't change the result.
risner is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I copied your feat, and changed the "Restrict To..." and it did change the result.

Go ahead and email me your file. My email address is my user name here, @wolflair.com.
Mathias is online now   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:06 PM
The timing on your script was set to Phase: Validation, Priority: 19500 (your mouse probably slipped when choosing the phase, since Validation is right below Final)

Since the damage resistance specials set their final value and names at Final/10000, your script needs to run just before that. That way, other things that are setting resistances have time to add their own values, and then your script sees that something's already there, so it goes ahead and adds its own value.

On the file you sent me, I changed the timing from Validation/19500 to Final/9500 and it worked (just as a reminder, if you're only looking at the Specials tab for whether or not your change affected the resistance - if you press "Test Now!" it clears any user settings for that thing, like which resistance has been selected, so don't forget to go back to the Feats tab after each change and re-select the energy type).
Mathias is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
risner

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
The timing on your script was set to Phase: Validation, Priority: 19500
Yes, but it was also at Final/9500 originally.

It was at Validation, because I've spend 30-40 minutes setting it to all kind of crazy settings.

Crap...
Quote:
so don't forget to go back to the Feats tab after each change and re-select the energy type).
However, despite me having done this several times, I just did this and it worked. I didn't do it every thing, it was more of a "well that didn't work, maybe this will" thing I occasionally tried.

Anyway, I'm sorry I wasted so much time.

Last edited by risner; August 24th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
risner is offline   #16 Reply With Quote