Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Ziactrice

Old June 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Forgive me, but I am brand-new to this program. I have gone through the help files, but I cannot figure out how to get the very simple magic items such as say, leather armor +2, or a +1 longsword. I have tried custom items, but it doesn't seem to give me a flat 'add plus' option.

I must be just not seeing what I should do. I find the program extremely useful - or it will be once I learn how to drive it better!

Can someone give me a steer, please?
Ziactrice is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 14th, 2010, 04:20 PM
In the help menu within HL, try the d20 manual, and scroll down to the "Weapons Tab" section.

Within the custom items dialog, to the left of the "Click to Choose Weapon" is where you select the enhancement bonus.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 14th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Are you asking how to add a +1 longsword to your character? If that is the question, click on the weapons tab, then the upper section should have a button "New Magic, Custom, or Masterwork Weapon of size: XXX"

Click on that, then "Custom / Magic Weapon" which should be the very first entry. This will pop another screen up with a couple buttons available, in the upper left is a drop down to set the enhancement bonus (set it to +1). To the right of that is "Click to Choose Weapon", click that and select Longsword from the list of weapons then hit the Select button which will send you back to the previous screen.

Now click the "Ok" button at the bottom of the window and the weapon will be added to the hero.

Try experimenting with other buttons to add Flaming, or Keen, or change it to a Silver weapon.
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ziactrice

Old June 14th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Very nice! I knew I just wasn't looking in the right place.

Thanks, to you both. Now I can set up my character for the game properly!
Ziactrice is offline   #4 Reply With Quote