Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ErinRigh

Old May 29th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I'll +1 this, Bid, I don't have much use for it right now, but I am all about the options, and I can see usefulness in this in the future.
ErinRigh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old May 29th, 2017, 06:42 PM
This seems to be an ideal use for one of the less used capabilities of RW.

Tags on individual snippets. I see no reason to mark everything canon if the majority of the material is but if certain elements aren't it would be easy enough to add the tags.

You can then filter the topics or articles that contain non canon material, the usual use case I assume, and then it is pretty easy to find the snippets with the tags.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
the_redbeard

Old May 29th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
This seems to be an ideal use for one of the less used capabilities of RW.

Tags on individual snippets. I see no reason to mark everything canon if the majority of the material is but if certain elements aren't it would be easy enough to add the tags.

You can then filter the topics or articles that contain non canon material, the usual use case I assume, and then it is pretty easy to find the snippets with the tags.
Yeah, I don't get it. This seems to be a 3 page request thread for something that RW already does. You can tag individual snippets. Yes, it marks the whole topic, but when you open the topic you can still see which snippets have individual tags and a tool tip will tell you what tags the snippets have.

I currently use snippet tags for rumors. When I'm making a topic, I often include rumors about the topic. The DM notes say whether the rumor is true or false. Anyway, I'll have NPCs and locations within an area that have rumors on them. I plan to use a filter to find where I've got rumors so that I can easily make rumor tables for an area.
the_redbeard is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old May 29th, 2017, 11:18 PM
There is an alternative method. Keep all the canon information in a separate realm, then import that realm to your live realm.

All topics imported from the original realm will have the corresponding Import tag associated with them.

I don't know if RW identifies which snippets are still from the original import, and which are changed or created locally.
Farling is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old May 30th, 2017, 03:16 AM
Mostly, I see these tags as being useful for the big publishers or for some kind of group project. I think the publishers use is self explanatory. But groups of individuals that want to work on a project together might decide what is cannon. While also allowing for content that is considered to be optional. Personally, for me I'd probably never use the tags since everything I created and entered into RW would be cannon for my worlds. I'd also probably remove any cannon tags from content I purchased and imported into a world as long as they had source tags.
Viking2054 is offline   #25 Reply With Quote