Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Togainu

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Woops double post by accident *this post can be removed*

Last edited by Togainu; February 4th, 2016 at 05:32 AM.
Togainu is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Opening your portfolio does show the "Monstrous Mount" in the list. That said you currently don't have a spare bonus feat to pick it with.

However I see you also have the feat "Sable Company Marine". Allowing you to use the Animal Companion bond to bond with a hippogriff. So when you normally would choose an animal companion bond you are allowed to choose a hippogriff already. (but this archetype normally doesn't get the bond so things slighly go wonky because of it I guess)

Meaning in all honesty you don't need the Monstrous mount feat, because you already qualify for it (and get one).

So currently my best way of "tricking" the system would be to:
Add the feat Monstrous Mount to yourself
Adjust -> Other adjustment -> Add new -> Feat, bonus -> Monstrous Mount
Adjust -> Other adjustment -> Add new -> Feat Allowed -> Set to 1

I would recommend putting in a bug report for the "Sable Company Marine" feat. Seeing this feat should allow the hippogriff (and give one) already (Event without the Monstrous mount feat). That said I did add an updated portfolio with how I would do it currently.

Ps. While messing with the portfolio I did alter your skill rank in fly by one and the bonus ability score on the hippgriff. Sorry for that, was for testing stuff while messing with it.

Ps2. That said normally this feat isn't really used/allowed anymore (house rules left there of course). It is a left over from before this archetype was introduced
Attached Files
File Type: email Montolio FalconHand.por (126.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Togainu; February 4th, 2016 at 05:59 AM. Reason: A ps2 added
Togainu is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Samutar

Old February 4th, 2016, 06:09 AM
So I think I just figured it out. I just bought the licenses for Ultimate Campaign and Advanced Class Guide as well as a few others and it now shows up in my portfolio.

Whats worst is that I could of been using the Hippogriff since lvl 2 now I will have to wait till lvl 6 before i get to use him.
Samutar is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Samutar

Old February 4th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks a lot for all the help Togainu
Samutar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Zaapp

Old February 9th, 2016, 11:05 AM
So I'm running into the same issues as Samutar but I don't own the Inner Sea Combat package. Can I still make the Sable Company Marine archetype work with just the Curse of the Crimson Throne included?
Zaapp is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old February 11th, 2016, 12:06 AM
I would assume you won't be able to. Seeing you are missing the feat that the archetype relies on. That feat is only supplied in inner sea combat.
Togainu is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 11th, 2016, 08:04 AM
The sable company marine is still a valid archetype without that book, but without that book, you're not allowed to take the animal companion option. You have to take hunting companions as your 4th level ranger ability.
Mathias is offline   #17 Reply With Quote