Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Shadovar

Old April 5th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Hero Lab Gods!

It's been mentioned once or twice, but its time for Hero Lab on iPad to be able to screen rotate. iPad's have gotten larger, more accessories, and with the new iPad Pro are pretty much replacements for mobile computers. The iPad Pro especially with the new pencil and keyboard are all designed for the iPad to run in landscape mode. I've been seeing posts in feature requests here and there for at least 4 years now. I'd like to actually see if this is something that we can get added at some point - preferably soon. Is it possible to get a response to see if this is even something being worked on, considered, etc? Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult of a modification.
Shadovar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 6th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadovar View Post
Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult of a modification.
Have you seen the video about 7 perpendicular lines?
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Yasumoto

Old April 18th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Hero Lab Gods!

It's been mentioned once or twice, but its time for Hero Lab on iPad to be able to screen rotate. iPad's have gotten larger, more accessories, and with the new iPad Pro are pretty much replacements for mobile computers. The iPad Pro especially with the new pencil and keyboard are all designed for the iPad to run in landscape mode. I've been seeing posts in feature requests here and there for at least 4 years now. I'd like to actually see if this is something that we can get added at some point - preferably soon. Is it possible to get a response to see if this is even something being worked on, considered, etc? Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult of a modification.
Totally understood that this is likely going to take a ton of work (I've messed with Autolayout in a few simple-ish apps and know that lining up those blue lines is awkwardly difficult!) so I'm not holding out hope that it's coming super soon. I am, however throwing my hat in that supporting landscape and/or split-screen would be _huge_ and really improve my use of Hero Lab at the table.

Thanks so much for all the hard work on it- I love Hero Lan!
Yasumoto is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Hero Lab Gods!

I agree completely.
Thunder is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
magall

Old April 28th, 2016, 07:04 AM
I cast my Vote for a big Yes also

I use my iPad with a keyboard attachment and it is not something that works well on its side, so i have to collapse it and them prop it up in portrait or take it out of the keyboard stand when using it with HL....

So Yes / +1 to rotate on iPad

Thank you

Mark G
New Jersey
magall is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old April 28th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Definitely +1
Grey Mage is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Amatyr

Old April 28th, 2016, 01:27 PM
+1

I would really like to be able to run Hero Lab in landscape on the big iPad Pro.
BUT it would be mostly useful in combination with proper split-screen mode.
Amatyr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Tekwych

Old April 28th, 2016, 08:32 PM
If a choice has to be made between rotation or additional systems (Shadowrun) then I'll wait for the rotation in favor of expanding the app's use.
Tekwych is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Shadovar

Old September 1st, 2016, 09:11 PM
Guys.. really.. Where's the landscape mode? It's a simple coding change to rotate app on an iPad. Just make it happen already. Been waiting YEARS for this ability.
Shadovar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old September 2nd, 2016, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Guys.. really.. Where's the landscape mode? It's a simple coding change to rotate app on an iPad. Just make it happen already. Been waiting YEARS for this ability.
Simple?! How would the window be laid out when it is in landscape mode? Will the character sheet be on the left or right; what will be put in the spare space on the other side of the screen?
Farling is offline   #10 Reply With Quote