Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

adzling

Old May 21st, 2015, 02:29 PM
If the above is true I could edit the Snippet layout for the Scene Topics to replicate typical Srun adventure formatting.

Strange this is not available directly within the Plot Points themselves.

Odd interface inconsistency imho.
adzling is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM
hokayyy so I created a new Scene Topic type (the inline pop-ups suggest this rather than editing the default Scene Topic to forestall future problems with content exchange).

I named the new Scene Topic "Shadowrun Scene" and added the Snippets I need, see attached screenshot.

I guess these "Scenes" will get associated with Plot Points.

thoughts?

Last edited by adzling; May 21st, 2015 at 02:49 PM.
adzling is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 21st, 2015, 03:43 PM
Hi there!

The table of contents are on top right side of your pictur, the symbol next to it opens that area. It would contain in your case "GM Section" , "Scene Info" because those are the sections in your topic. However I just tried it out and unfortunately it will not work as I had thought it out before, because the center area will not scroll down far enough to make the "selected" section immediatly visible. It would need some kind to fix, to maybe highlight the active section or change the scroll bar method.

If you want to follow the books description style, maybe you want to create sections instead? In the center area you see the next to the (i) you see another of those collaps/expand arrows, with those you could show and hide the sections. Maybe this helps a little if the sections get too long to be able to see it at a glance.

Furthermore you could use different backgrounds for example. I use this to highlight snippets that I want to read aloud and that kind of stuff. Then you would be able to see easily "aha, here is my "Debugging" section". You could even keep it all in the Scene info section.

Finally you can also create subsections. So you could have
2. Scene Info
2.1 Scan This
text with light red background

2.2 Tell it to them Straight
text with light blue background

etc...

I think in general it is better to have more topics but less super-long snippets. I have added some topics that became to extensive and I will try to shorten or split them up.

Regarding the plots, those can only link to a topic currently. So you could not link to topic:scene section:2.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; May 21st, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
Acenoid is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 21st, 2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks Acenoid.

So to be clear I already have the common Srun Scene elements (Scan This, Tell it to them Straight etc) added as Snippets in the Scene Info Section.

What would be the advantage of moving the scene elements to individual Sections?
adzling is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 21st, 2015, 04:34 PM
These are just options I could think of how to present it as well. You'll have to try it out to see if you like it.

But Sections can be collapsed and expanded to hide the text inside or of child sections. I like that. The header text can not be linked to or from. But I don't know if this would be advantages for you... It surely depends on the case. For your long scene topics I would use sections, sometimes more sometimes less and sometimes even multiple topics.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; May 22nd, 2015 at 01:54 AM.
Acenoid is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 21st, 2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks man that makes sense.
Really appreciate you responding.
adzling is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 22nd, 2015, 07:03 AM
Ok Acenoid I took your advice and revisited the Scene layout.
See attached.
This should work nicely, thanks again!

adzling is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Redjack

Old May 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
Coincidentally, I was working through a shadowrun scene when I came across this thread...

Redjack is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:54 AM
Cool thanks for posting Redjack.
It looks like you have laid out each Srun standard section as a Section in your custom Event template which is what I have done although your layout looks a little bit different to mine.
Can you post a screenshot showing the raw template, just like I did above your post?
This will allow me to compare the bare template for what I can glean.
thanks
adzling is offline   #29 Reply With Quote